Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future. Too often it’s because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
We are looking for a creative customer focus, IT Support Specialist II. Your primary responsibility will be providing tier 1/2 technical support to Human Interest’s rapidly growing internal user base. In addition, you will help in the management and deployment of our internal IT services to the organization. And, as a valued employee and team member, your ideas for any improvements to our processes will always be welcomed.
This role is required to be in our San Francisco office at least 3 days a week.
What you get to do every day
- Provide tier 1/2 support to employees, contractors, and consultants at Human Interest
- Assist Senior IT Support Specialist in the roll-out of projects and execute projects assigned
- Assist in the development and documentation of systems, processes, and procedures, including internal knowledge bases and training materials
- Participate in onboarding and offboarding of user accounts. Including manual account creation and group assignments in Okta.
- Help in the maintaining and automation of user account permissions/access (create, update or delete)
- Provision new equipment for employees and receive equipment from offboarded employees
What you bring to the role
Need to have:
- 3 + years of IT corporate experience
- 3 + years experience administering online platforms such as Google Workspace, Microsoft 365.
- 3 + years experience administering online SSO/IdP providers such as Okta, Duo, JumpCloud, OneLogin, etc.
- 3+ years experience using Remote Management/MDM tools
- Proven ability to communicate technical information to non-technical staff, written and verbally
- Intermediate to advance support knowledge of either Windows or Mac operating systems
Nice to have:
- Ability to think critically and understand systems at an architectural level
- Programming experience using no-code solutions (i.e., Workato, Okta Workflow, BetterCloud, or similar tools)
- PC/Mac Scripting (i.e., Bash or Powershell)
- Familiarity with APIs and concepts
- Content creation/Video Production experience
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
Why you will love working at Human Interest
Mission - Highly collaborative startup dedicated to supporting employee engagement and growth. It’s an opportunity to help solve one of the biggest unsolved problems in America: saving for retirement.
Culture - Our operating principles define how we come together as a team to do our work. They reflect Human Interest’s unique view on what’s important and what’s right. Documenting this core aspect of our culture helps employees make good decisions on their own. It also helps candidates considering career opportunities critically evaluate whether they will thrive at Human Interest.
- Customer obsession
- Long-term orientation
- Autonomous and accountable teams
- An escalating bar for talent and performance
- Fundamental optimism
Compensation - The hourly range target for the role seniority described in this job description is $36-48/hour. Final offer amounts depend on multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise, geographic location, compensation/equity mix, and market data. This position may also be eligible for additional incentives such as equity awards, short-term incentives, or sales compensation.
- A great 401(k) plan: Our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation (immediately vested) and $0 plan fees
- Top-of-the-line health plans, as well as dental and vision insurance
- Generous PTO and parental leave policies
- Lyra - Enhanced Mental Heath Support for Employees and dependents
- Carrot - Fertility healthcare and family forming benefits
- Candidly - Student loan resource to help you and your family plan, borrow, and repay student debt
- Monthly work-from-home stipend; annual wellness stipend
- Employee Resource Groups including Veterans, Lift Ev’ry Voice, Pride, LatinX, Families, and Women in Tech
- Fun online and regional events and celebrations and department and company offsites
- The vast majority of our positions can be 100% remote
About Human Interest:
We’re a high-growth, Series D-funded company that’s changing the retirement industry. Named one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, one of the Best Places to Work by Built In, and a Top Company by Y Combinator, we’ve raised $500M and are backed by leading investors, including Blackrock, TPG (The Rise Fund), SoftBank, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines. See more: https://humaninterest.com/disclosures