Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
As an Account Manager you’ll have the opportunity to define our customer’s experience by being an expert source of knowledge to your assigned accounts. You’ll work closely with our implementation, sales, and support teams to help ensure that questions and issues are resolved in a timely manner and plans are optimized to meet customer goals. You’ll own customer happiness by marrying effective responsiveness with thoughtful proactive touch-points to anticipate customer needs before they ask.
What you get to do every day
- Act as the single point of contact for the plan sponsors within your book of accounts
- Provide timely, superior customer service, including problem solving and issue resolution
- Communicate key plan features and requirements in a clear, concise and informative manner
- Work cross-functionally to provide compliant and accurate valuation reports, participant statements, trust accounting, annual testing and reporting as applicable
- Act as the voice of your customers by partnering with our marketing and product teams to share insights
- Be the escalation point for any participants of your assigned plans
- Assist clients with all ongoing plan design and document support, including understanding their responsibilities with IRS and Department of Labor regulations
- Assist clients in meeting all IRS and Department of Labor deadlines necessary for qualified retirement plan
- Maintain up-to date knowledge of present legislation and proposed legislative changes with regard to ERISA law through self-study and company-sponsored training sessions
- Review or perform, as needed, the annual testing for plans, including ADP/ACP, Top Heavy, 410(b), 415, 401(a)(4),deductibility, and 402(g)
- Review Form 5500 and coordinate with plan sponsor to help ensure timely filing
- Assist auditors if a plan is subject to an audit
- Assist IRS and DOL auditors, if the plan is subject to an IRS or DOL audit
What you bring to the role
- 5+ years of experience in A-Z plan administration and customer service
- QKA required
- Have a passion for solving problems and helping people
- Strong ability to troubleshoot with a meticulous eye for detail.
- Communicate with confidence, professionalism and empathy.
- Remain composed in high-stress situations and convey empathy for our customers and their situation
- Ability to work autonomously and take initiative to proactively service customers and resolve any issues
- A “change is good” mindset allowing you to quickly adapt within a fast-growing startup environment
- Bonus Points: Experience with FT William and/or ASC software systems
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
About Human Interest:
We’re a high-growth, Series D-funded company that’s changing the retirement industry. Human Interest is seeking to build a best-in-class product to help small businesses give their employees a path to financial independence. Named one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, and a 2021 Top Company by Y Combinator, we’re looking for incredible talent to help us achieve our mission: ensuring people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits. Human Interest has raised $305M and is backed by leading investors that include TPG (The Rise Fund), SoftBank, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines.
We comply with CCPA guidelines.