Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social Security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
Human Interest partners with benefits brokers, CPAs, back-office consultants and HCM/payroll providers. The partner ecosystem is the bedrock of our growth and is a core part of the business that continues to see increased investment. Through our partners, we are able to serve small and medium-sized customers in the US with truly comprehensive, complete benefits packages that help them be more competitive.
As the Marketing Project Manager for our team, you will be leading our team’s ability to scale our revenue marketing and partner marketing efforts tactically and strategically to produce solutions and deliverables that meet goals, deliver on OKRs, and exceed stakeholder expectations. This position plays a key contributor and facilitator role in initiating, planning, monitoring, controlling, and closing projects with stakeholders, ensuring resources from non-project management backgrounds step quickly into a project management mindset and way of working.
You’re the right fit if you are passionate about organizing and coordinating teams, move with high velocity, have grit (everyone is a contributor in a startup) and thrive on problem-solving, defaulting to action. And finally, as we go 24,791 mph, you should be comfortable with continual change that you will welcome and embrace in the spirit of kaizen.
What you get to do every day
- Support our growing revenue marketing organization by project managing go-to-market campaigns to accelerate pipeline, including new channels for lead acquisition.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to effectively align strategy, messaging, and execution with go-to-market objectives.
- Responsible for prioritizing, consensus gathering, and communicating specific project work to team members, including next steps, goals, major milestones, and deadlines.
- Gather the goal and outcomes (OKRs) for every project, getting alignment and input from department and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Reach agreement on objectives before starting new projects, identify the skills necessary to deliver the desired outcomes, and establish project teams that match those skills.
- Establish and maintain effective, dedicated, and productive online workspaces for the duration of each project, where stakeholders can visit to give updates and add value.
- Ensure transparency, where everyone can see the state of every piece of work at any time.
- Maintain clear status reporting for each project, for example, status flags or scrum boards.
- Track open issues and work with teams to resolve or mitigate impact to the project.
- Track and follow up on action items and due dates captured within meeting notes that you create and report on in dashboards.
- Ensure all projects have compliance and legal approval requirements built into the schedule.
- Plan, manage and monitor stakeholder engagement.
- Plan communications management.
- Plan and manage quality.
- Responsible for raising red flags as possible issues arise. Must have the foresight to troubleshoot potential bottlenecks before they become issues.
- Manage vendors and contracts as required.
- Motivate teams to progress work, moving defined tasks through the project cycle.
- Champion short working cycles (sprints) with project teams to accomplish tasks and manage deliverables.
- Request feedback from stakeholders and confirm whether the team is on the right track or not, taking action to correct in the next sprint (or earlier).
- Schedule and manage meetings for planning, check-ins, and project retrospectives.
- Create and maintain a list of all the work that needs to be done (backlog). As projects progress, refine the list on an ongoing basis. Use the backlog to guide the creation of deliverables, making sure that they are not lost or neglected over time.
- Establish metrics that are trackable in Salesforce and easily accessible by stakeholders so they can make regular updates.
What you bring to the role
- Leadership abilities in streamlining and organizing multi-departmental operations with an emphasis on working with creative teams and integrated marketing activities.
- Excellent program management, problem-solving, communication and organizational skills.
- Experience training and coaching non-project management team members to perform to project management standards.
- Agility is a must. Priorities will shift as new projects and developments enter the mix at a fast pace. In addition to managing multiple projects at once, strong operational skills will be needed to ensure that changes and the implications of those changes are made to plans and communicated to stakeholders.
- Intellectual curiosity and desire for continuous improvement and innovation.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in campaigns and marketing, preferably in B2B and tech/software.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing programs with multiple projects/workstreams (ideally in a web/software company).
- Proficiency in campaign management and project management tracking and reporting tools (Smartsheet, Confluence, JIRA preferred).
- PMP/Agile certifications preferred.
- Salesforce campaign management experience preferred.
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
About Human Interest:
We’re a high-growth, Series D-funded company that’s changing the retirement industry. Human Interest is seeking to build a best-in-class product to help small businesses give their employees a path to financial independence. Named one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, and a 2021 Top Company by Y Combinator, we’re looking for incredible talent to help us achieve our mission: ensuring people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits. Human Interest has raised $305M and is backed by leading investors that include TPG (The Rise Fund), SoftBank, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We comply with CCPA guidelines.