Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social Security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
The Revenue Core Functions team is the backbone of the Revenue team and keeps the entire organization running smoothly. As a member of this team, you will act as a force multiplier on the implementation side of an already rapidly-scaling startup, enabling a business that is already exceeding growth targets to expand even faster. You'll work on projects that drive efficiency and accountability across teams to ensure plans are implemented seamlessly and properly. You will manage incoming customer communications through email and triage issues while delivering on our promise to provide world-class service to our customers. Process-driven and people-focused - you are organized, friendly and flexible. And no joke, we go 24,791 mph, so you should be comfortable with change.
What you get to do every day
- Identify, build, and launch internal tools to store tribal knowledge in a centralized location
- Manage inbound customer email communications
- Work cross-functionally with internal and external partners to solve client issues
- Identify common issues and trends, driving process improvements and developing training materials to solve them permanently
- Clearly communicate, document, and share information to ensure plans are implemented correctly
- Problem-solve and identify opportunities for improvements
- Other duties as assigned
What you bring to the role
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or 1+ years in administrative/operations position
- A “people person” who is passionate about delivering exceptional customer experience and can communicate difficult concepts fluidly
- A strong work ethic, proactively following up with internal and external customers and keeping the team on track
- A self-starting attitude and desire for learning new programs, systems, and widening your knowledge base about the retirement industry and our product
- Meticulous attention to detail - rarely making typos and noticing discrepancies that others would miss
- Ability to dive deep into data, existing processes, people, and systems in order to invent, simplify, and improve inefficient or unnecessarily complex processes
- Project management experience showing ability to organize tasks, prioritize competing demands, find solutions, follow through to successful conclusions, and meet deadlines
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
About Human Interest:
We’re a high-growth, Series D-funded company that’s changing the retirement industry. Human Interest is seeking to build a best-in-class product to help small businesses give their employees a path to financial independence. Named one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, and a 2021 Top Company by Y Combinator, we’re looking for incredible talent to help us achieve our mission: ensuring people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits. Human Interest has raised $305M and is backed by leading investors that include TPG (The Rise Fund), SoftBank, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We comply with CCPA guidelines.