Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social Security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
What you get to do every day
- Utilize your leadership experience to assist high performing and engaged teams while also promoting a safe environment for people to experiment, learn and grow.
- Ensure there is a clear shared vision for engineering within the team, and a roadmap on how to get there.
- Leverage your engineering experience to mentor teams to build quality software
- Work closely with your cross-functional teams to cultivate a fun, rewarding, agile and results-driven culture.
- Make intelligent trade offs while balancing, communicating and prioritizing the needs of your team and the business as a whole.
- Establish and embody necessary processes and practices that enable the team to successfully develop, support and maintain our solutions.
- Attract, recruit and retain motivated and engaged engineers, building on and complementing the diversity of our teams.
- Be a role-model within Human Interest by supporting and growing the next generation of engineering leaders
What you bring to the role
- 7+ years of experience building and maintaining quality software in production at scale.
- Minimum of 3 years managing a technical team of developers in a fast paced environment.
- You care deeply about culture and foster collaborative, inclusive teams in which people are empowered to do their best work.
- Knowledge of software design and agile processes to effectively deliver product.
- Understanding of application security lifecycle and security best practices.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Past experience working in startups and/or fintech.
- Proactive and empathetic mindset - you love to roll up your sleeves to fix problems for our customers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
About Human Interest:
We’re a high-growth, Series D-funded company that’s changing the retirement industry. Human Interest is seeking to build a best-in-class product to help small businesses give their employees a path to financial independence. Named one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, and a 2021 Top Company by Y Combinator, we’re looking for incredible talent to help us achieve our mission: ensuring people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits. Human Interest has raised $305M and is backed by leading investors that include TPG (The Rise Fund), SoftBank, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We comply with CCPA guidelines.