Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social Security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
Human Interest is a rocket ship about to launch, and we need you to be a part of it! We hope you’re ready to begin your sales career as an Inbound Sales Development Representative. You will be an early member of our SDR team and if building something from scratch is interesting keep reading! Inbound SDR’s are responsible for converting Inbound Leads to sales pipeline. Meaning, you are the first team member helping prospects understand the value of our 401k offering, and introduce them to our experienced Account Executives who help them become customers. We promote within and if you’re a top performer you can be an AE one day too!
What you get to do every day
- Utilize your active listening skills to understand and uncover customer needs and business problems to effectively communicate Human Interest’s offering. We empower small and medium-sized businesses to help their employees save for their future. We take pride in this and you should too.
- Call and email Inbound Leads to set Qualified Appointments for Account Executives, which progress and convert into Inbound-driven Bookings.
- Consistently crush quota.
- Work closely with Management to develop strategies to increase your Lead to Appointment and Hot Handoff Rates.
- Adapt and learn to ensure your rate of connecting with prospects and setting a Sales Qualified Meeting with the Account Executive consistently increases.
- Effectively uses Salesforce.com, Outreach.io and other sales tools to effectively manage Leads through every status up until you set the Appointment.
- Keep positive even during the days when it feels like no one is answering the phone or is just hanging up (positivity is contagious and helps the entire team!).
- Listen and learn from every other role and department - you will have visibility into the inner workings of everything.
What you bring to the role
- Desire to grow and advance your career in sales.
- Excellent in-person, phone, and written communication skills.
- You're creative, resourceful, thoughtful, and passionate.
- Highly motivated, curious, humble, and willing to take intelligent risks.
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment.
- Ability to manage time effectively and work independently.
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills.
Nice to have
- 1+ year of experience in a corporate environment.
- Prior sales and/or SaaS experience.
- Experience using Salesforce.com or other Client Relationship Management (CRM).
- Previous 401K or HR Benefits experience.
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
About Human Interest:
We’re a high-growth, Series D-funded company that’s changing the retirement industry. Human Interest is seeking to build a best-in-class product to help small businesses give their employees a path to financial independence. Named one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, and a 2021 Top Company by Y Combinator, we’re looking for incredible talent to help us achieve our mission: ensuring people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits. Human Interest has raised $305M and is backed by leading investors that include TPG (The Rise Fund), SoftBank, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We comply with CCPA guidelines.