Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social Security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
What You Get To Do Every Day:
- Identifies the training needs, coordinates, and delivers the PAM training according to the business needs and ensures that all gaps in knowledge, skills, and competency have been addressed completely to ensure that the training is compliant with the practical techniques that need to be used in the field.
- Provide post training support and reinforces tools that will enhance the performance of the PAM trainee and PAM continuing development
- Effectively use various learning techniques to heighten individual level of performance in the field
- Must be able to project himself/herself as a role model and accountability partner. He/she should be able to clearly and effectively communicate the expectations to the PAM org and guide them on how to add value to their overall work and performance with partners.
- Responsible for reviewing and evaluating the progress of the trainees during the training sessions and provide them with the relevant feedback that will help them in improving their individual performance as well as help in enhancing their personal skills and attributes.
- Organize meetings with management before preparing course materials to ensure a detailed understanding of training topics and processes
- Continually research methods and techniques in workplace training and remain up-to-date on developments within the industry and competitors
- Collect information from senior management and other departments regarding how well employees retain information and use the concepts learned in training courses
- Administer tests after the completion of training courses to determine the effectiveness of training strategies
- Create printed and instructional materials to be distributed during training
- Actively seek current training methods and best practices to facilitate training employees
- Conduct regular meetings with senior management to identify subjects to be addressed or areas in need of additional instruction
- Monitor and assess that every trainee applies the concepts taught in the classroom to their field work and makes sure that they are set up for success.
- Responsible for building content and continuing education for training and development of the PAM organization
- Partners with Senior Leadership + RD’s to assess training needs and develop ongoing education focused on product knowledge and effective partner techniques that will enable the PAM’s to maximize revenue potential through increased lead generation
- Monitor and analyze daily PAM team performance on an individual level to evaluate the effectiveness of training and to design ongoing programs
- Spend 50% time in the field, hands on with the PAM’s in their territory; quarterback partnering business opportunities and instill best practices
What You Will Accomplish:
- Consistently drive the PAM org to over-achievement of lead results, month over month
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the organization's products, services, customers, competitors and sales techniques.
- Be a transformational leader; Drive internal transformation to an inspection and coaching culture. Lead regional directors to become more effective coaches to their sellers resulting in increased individual and team capability
- Instill Salesforce Hygiene and discipline, adherence to standards and excellence while holding teams accountable for quality and accuracy.
- Drive adoption of internal tools (Mi-Edge, Judy Diamond) to ensure PAM success
- Manage team of field trainers (East, West and Central)
What You Bring To The Role:
- Courage, Passion, Resilience and Drive
- Core Competencies: Organizational Leadership, Strong Business Acumen, Strategic Insights, Trusted Advisor, Strategic Sales Planning,
Sales Team Leadership.
- Professional Competencies: Adaptability, Partner Focus, Drive for Results, Influencing Impact, Judgement, Collaboration, Executive Maturity/Presence, Value Selling, Analytical Problem Solving, Organized & Disciplined, Initiates/Embraces Change.
- Experience analyzing company needs, lesson planning, development and implementation
- Extensive knowledge teaching theory for creating effective instructional materials
- Ability to effectively organize and manage multiple training initiatives simultaneously
- Advanced CRM experience to manage the partner process and forecast PRL’s accurately
- A minimum of 2 years experience in training and development management (essential) equivalent time spent in the Partner Account Management role as a consistent top performer
- Exceptional communication skills; written and verbal
- Strong understanding of the Human Interest partner and sales process, demands and needs for continued success
- Willing to flex with constant change and day-to-day competing priorities
- Be a team player
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
About Human Interest:
We’re a high-growth, Series D-funded company that’s changing the retirement industry. Human Interest is seeking to build a best-in-class product to help small businesses give their employees a path to financial independence. Named one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, and a 2021 Top Company by Y Combinator, we’re looking for incredible talent to help us achieve our mission: ensuring people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits. Human Interest has raised $305M and is backed by leading investors that include TPG (The Rise Fund), SoftBank, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We comply with CCPA guidelines.