Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social Security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
We are looking to hire a Content Manager to spearhead our strategy for making financial wellness education a core part of the Human Interest product offering.
What You Get To Do Every Day
You’ll create learning experiences aligned with strategic goals that help our customers secure their financial future. You get to:
- Devise the product strategy & go-to-market plan: You will drive a team responsible for designing the end-to-end educational experience from the start, including conducting research, developing requirements, defining pricing & packaging, and crafting a stellar go-to-market plan to launch a new educational product as part of the Human Interest offering.
- Design & develop best-in-class learning experiences: Building on our high-quality website content, you’ll create learning experiences that will make Human Interest known for financial wellness education. Your work will be a core expression of our brand and help us serve as a guide for customers, helping them navigate the long, winding journey to and through retirement. In collaboration with instructional design and product management, you’ll create learning objectives, journeys, and curricula in a variety of modalities, guided by adult learning best practices and the principles of behavioral design.
- You’ll extend the scope of our content strategy by bringing educational content into our core product.
- You’ll write and produce a significant amount of structured, guided learning content that exceeds our goals for engagement and completion
- You’ll bring your product to market and exceed our goals for adoption and impact.
- You’ll inspire others you work with and, hopefully, millions of customers, with smart, effective educational experiences that pave the way for a better retirement.
What You Bring To The Role
- Remarkable written and spoken communication skills (please include a writing sample) and strong editorial judgment
- An ambitious, entrepreneurial attitude and the ability to work autonomously to create a vision and execute
- A passion for learning as well as for inspiring others to continue in their personal (and financial) growth
- A track record of cross-functional collaboration demonstrating influence, e.g. to guide the ideation, alignment, and execution of strategic goals
- A background in Education, Business, Journalism, Communications, Content, Marketing, etc.
- Familiarity with SaaS product lifecycle, and/or strategic product management and comfort for making business decisions with data
- The tendency to not only meet - but exceed - team objectives
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
About Human Interest:
We’re a high-growth, Series D-funded company that’s changing the retirement industry. Human Interest is seeking to build a best-in-class product to help small businesses give their employees a path to financial independence. Named one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, and a 2021 Top Company by Y Combinator, we’re looking for incredible talent to help us achieve our mission: ensuring people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits. Human Interest has raised $305M and is backed by leading investors that include TPG (The Rise Fund), SoftBank, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We comply with CCPA guidelines.