Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social Security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
What you get to do every day
- Develop new business by identifying, qualifying, and communicating with financial advisors on partnership opportunities
- Collaborate closely with Account Executives and the rest of the Sales team to strategize financial advisor partnership goals
- Work cross-functionally between Partnerships, Sales, Marketing and Product to anticipate emerging issues before they become problems while creating solutions in ambiguous situations
- Build strategic relationships with prospective and existing Financial Partners to educate on Human Interest’s value proposition for them and their clients
- Work closely with the regional Business Development Manager to develop and unlock new territories and segments for the rapidly growing Financial Partnerships channel while managing and maintaining a pipeline of interested prospects
- Generate pricing proposals for partners that are searching for a new 401(k) provider for their SMB business clients
- Manage inbound sales questions and inquiries from financial advisors who want to learn more about partnering with Human Interest
- Work cross-functionally with internal and external team members to provide an exceptional experience for our partners
- Provide operational support across the entire sales organization
- Utilize various reporting and tracking techniques to obtain key information
What you bring to the role
- Financial services industry background strongly preferred
- 3+ years of relevant experience (Business Development and Account Management) particularly in the Financial Services industry
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-functional skills - the ability to think and communicate creatively, thoughtfully, and on your feet with diverse technical and non-technical team members
- Passion for personal finances and helping others achieve financial wellness - particularly wanting to help bridge the retirement crisis gap worldwide
- Strong organizational skills; you are able to stay self-motivated and have strong time management skills while staying attentive to detail
- Communicate with confidence, professionalism and empathy over the phone and through email
- Self-starter, ability to lead innovative, entrepreneurial efforts and drive for excellence
- Remain composed in high-stress situations and convey empathy for our customers and their situation
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Technically savvy and familiarity using CRM systems such as Salesforce
- Experience in a fast-paced growth environment
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
About Human Interest:
We’re a high-growth, Series D-funded company that’s changing the retirement industry. Human Interest is seeking to build a best-in-class product to help small businesses give their employees a path to financial independence. Named one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, and a 2021 Top Company by Y Combinator, we’re looking for incredible talent to help us achieve our mission: ensuring people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits. Human Interest has raised $305M and is backed by leading investors that include TPG (The Rise Fund), SoftBank, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We comply with CCPA guidelines.