Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
What You Get To Do Every Day
Facilitate training programs that help the organization achieve and maintain competitive advantage by cultivating expertise in our core industry.
- Facilitate: Guide learners through courses that will help them attain or renew retirement industry certifications, using both instructor-led and self-guided courseware.
- Connect: Conduct webinars and host training sessions for retirement plan administrators as a method for sharing our expertise with customers and enhancing critical partnerships.
- Attend: Keep abreast of industry trends, legislative developments, and recent publications to preserve the organization’s status as an innovator in the modern financial space
- Coach: Assess the needs of individual learners and adapt your training approach to maximize effectiveness. Ensure that learners emerge from training with a deep understanding of the content and how it applies to their role at Human Interest.
- Develop Content: Lead the development of training processes and materials, particularly related to industry certifications; collaborate with subject matter experts and instructional designers to ensure content is aligned with business objectives.
- Maintain Learning Materials: Review training content at regular intervals to ensure it is up-to-date and accurate; make changes to content of instructor-led and eLearning content to maintain compatibility with regulatory or certification requirements.
- Ideate and Collaborate: Partner with Operational leadership to review training needs and knowledge gaps, develop plans to address them, and close the loop with data.
What You Will Accomplish
- Build Expertise: Become a subject matter expert for given areas within the Operational ecosystem. Become a trusted advisor for difficult-to-solve or edge case scenarios.
- Deliver Top-Tier Training Programs: Facilitate training programs that engage learners, excite them about their role, and empower them to be successful. Achieve top-tier feedback from learners and leadership team members.
- Improve our Ability to Solve: Work with leaders to bridge knowledge gaps and provide employees with the information they need to successfully support our customers.
- Foster Achievement: Support learners as they develop skills, log experiences, and qualify for internal and industry-wide certifications
What You Bring To The Role
Need to have:
- One or more years of experience in teaching, training, or a related field, preferably with adult learners in a professional setting
- Passion for people - history of developing, mentoring, and up-leveling skills
- Deep understanding of financial industry processes and regulatory compliance, particularly surrounding 401(k) and retirement savings plans
- Prior attainment of financial industry certifications, ASPPA RPF, DC-1, QKA, or similar
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding team objectives
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Ability to develop working relationships at all levels of management, both inside and outside Human Interest
- Possess top-notch organizational and analytical skills, including the ability to use data to inform business decisions and achieve goals
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s Degree, or equivalent experience in a relevant field strongly preferred
- Experience developing, instructing, or evaluating materials for an accredited academic or industry-specific course subject to external review for adherence to standards.
About Human Interest:
We are a high-growth, Series D-funded company on a mission to change the retirement industry. We’re building a best-in-class product to make it possible for smaller businesses to give their employees a path to financial independence. Named one of America’s Best Startups by Forbes and one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, we’re continuing to grow and looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission: ensuring that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines.
We comply with CCPA guidelines.