Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social Security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
We are looking for a Content & Communications Manager to join our small and powerful content marketing team in a fast-paced environment. You’ll drive quality and strategy as you work collaboratively and cross-functionally, ensuring that our high-quality content drives leads, builds our brand, and engages audiences we serve.
What you get to do every day
- Produce content that resonates with users on the (quite possibly long) journey between now and retirement
- Write, assign, and edit content, especially social posts, and also including video, interactive tools, how-tos, articles, infographics, emails, webinars, internal assets/comms, customer comms, etc.), ensuring everything you deliver is informative, adds value, and builds trust
- Evangelize consistency with our brand voice, advancing Human Interest’s standing in the industry
- Support our content library, including researching and creating new content, updating content, and disseminating content with other teams
- Help build a content marketing engine that balances brand, quality, customer needs, and acquisition
- Measure and report on the impact of content and gather insights that will help optimize content
- Prioritize multiple, fast-moving projects and are adept at quickly adjusting to last-minute requests or changing timelines/priorities with flexibility and good humor
- Collaborate cross-functionally, e.g. with other marketers, engineering, design, sales, product managers, customer support, etc.
- Pay attention to detail and have strong editorial awareness and judgment
What you bring to the role
- You balance responding to quick deadlines while strategically playing the long game. Along the way, you learn by measuring the results of your efforts.
- You appreciate breadth in your scope: We have a lot to build and you’re keen on traveling alongside our customers on their journey from the top of the funnel through long-term customer engagement.
- At least 4-6+ years of experience creating content marketing collateral
- Professional background in Marketing, Communications, Content, Research, etc.
- Experience in B2B, fintech, and/or SaaS
- A self-starter with an ability to own - and run with - projects and to work independently
- Strong writing skills with examples of work
- Knowledge of the financial services industry / retirement
- Creativity to navigate copy challenges that come with working in a regulated industry
- Experience launching and scaling organic social channels, developing a social media content strategy; or in PR/communications
Nice to have
- BA/BS in Communications, Marketing, Business, Journalism, English, Finance, etc.
- Experience in instructional design or education
- Previous work as a content designer, UX writer, or copywriter
- Some email and/or lifecycle marketing experience
- Experience with common marketing tools, e.g. GA, Contentful/other CMS, social scheduling/management suites, Marketo or other email marketing tools, etc.
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
About Human Interest:
We’re a high-growth, Series D-funded company that’s changing the retirement industry. Human Interest is seeking to build a best-in-class product to help small businesses give their employees a path to financial independence. Named one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes, one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, and a 2021 Top Company by Y Combinator, we’re looking for incredible talent to help us achieve our mission: ensuring people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits. Human Interest has raised $305M and is backed by leading investors that include TPG (The Rise Fund), SoftBank, Glynn Capital, NewView Capital, USVP, Wing, Uncork, and others.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We comply with CCPA guidelines.