Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
Why Engineering @ Human Interest?
We’re building the first full stack, automated retirement management platform in the industry – and it’s a game changer. Most of our competitors outsource significant portions of their underlying servicing stack to Third Party Administrators. This leads to inefficiencies, poor customer service and expensive pricing models based on service fees. We’re on a mission to change the retirement industry (for good) and our platform is at the center of our success. Come join us to make a real impact on people's financial lives!
You will be responsible for helping Engineering and Product teams launch new features, functionality and tools to scale and improve the core servicing platform of Human Interest.
What you get to do everyday:
- Lead program management responsibilities during all phases of our engineering programs: ideation, requirements gathering, scope, design, development, testing, change management, and release.
- Help convert ambiguous requests into projects/programs with proper dependency mapping, scoping, risk management, resourcing, etc.
- Own successful delivery of large, high-impact, cross-functional product initiatives while also tracking smaller projects
- Build a bridge between product and engineering ensuring complex problems are broken down and tracked.
- Proactively identify project risk to stakeholders while working to mitigate risk.
- Work with the project team to gather status and clearly communicate updates to a variety of audiences.
- Translate detailed technical discussions with Engineers into summarized updates for management and leadership.
- Guide decision making to meet project scope and timeframes.
- Develop, implement, and iterate on project processes and methodologies (sprint planning, roadmap planning, design document templates, status reporting, metrics, intake process, etc.)
- Proactively identify and implement process improvements to reduce administrative overhead for the teams.
What you bring to the role:
- 3+ years of Program Management experience, specializing in delivering technical cross-functional projects in an engineering-focused environment.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication.
- Experience with project management tools (Jira, Confluence, Smartsheet, etc.)
- Experience implementing project management methodologies using Jira (e.g., Agile, Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience building relationships and collaborating with cross-functional teams, both technical and non-technical
- Plus requirements: software development experience
We will consider mid to senior experience levels for this role.
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
About Human Interest:
We are a high-growth, Series C-funded company on a mission to change the retirement industry. We’re building a best-in-class product to make it possible for smaller businesses to give their employees a path to financial independence. Named one of America’s Best Startups by Forbes and one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, we’re continuing to grow and looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission: ensuring that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.