Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
Why Data @ Human Interest?
Data is central to our success. It forms the core of all of our customer facing reporting, but is also at the heart of how we make decisions as a company. We’re building the first full stack, automated retirement management platform in the industry – and data tells us how to optimize.
We are a fast growing company, and it’s time to build an enterprise grade data stack.
You will be responsible for architecting and executing a strategy to meet the needs of all key business areas and build an industry leading data environment.
What you get to do everyday:
- Help build a world class data environment
- Write, configure, deploy, and maintain the tools needed to deliver clean data, faster
- Partner with analytics team to understand the current use cases and supply clean and consistent data models
- Work with engineering teams across the company to improve data tracking
- Build consistent data models that act as the source of truth for all metrics within the company
- Build, deploy and maintain ELTs to pull data out to all third party systems such as salesforce or email automation systems
- Partner with product and operations teams to drive efficiency by automating manual tasks
What you bring to the role:
- 5+ years of experience building and maintaining production data pipelines, databases or web applications
- 3+ years of experience building and maintaining production data pipelines, databases or web applications
- Strong software development & scripting skills
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience building ELTs against various sources, including REST endpoints
- Experience building and deploying services in AWS
- Desire to learn, think creatively, and share knowledge with others
- Proactive mindset - keep an eye out for anything that can be improved, and help us get there
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
About Human Interest:
We are a high-growth, Series C-funded company on a mission to change the retirement industry. We’re building a best-in-class product to make it possible for smaller businesses to give their employees a path to financial independence. Named one of America’s Best Startups by Forbes and one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, we’re continuing to grow and looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission: ensuring that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.