Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
As a member of the Finance & Accounting team, you’ll work cross functionally with many different departments. A strong foundation and experience in working with billing and contracts and/or data analysis is essential. In addition, this position will require impeccable attention to detail and the ability to deliver results under deadlines. This role will work along the Accounting Manager to continue to develop our organization’s processes & policies.
What you get to do everyday
- Oversee customer billing procedures to ensure timely & accurate processing of customer invoices.
- Review new subscriptions / customers for proper revenue recognition & billing configuration.
- Actively participate in monthly close activities including preparing journal entries and supporting schedules, performing flux analyses and reconciliations as needed.
- Provide high-quality assistance to internal stakeholders regarding collection issues and resolution of customer billing inquiries.
- Coordinate with Finance team members to validate monthly ARR Reporting.
- Assist with process improvements to streamline revenue tasks to shorten our close cycle.
- Collaborate with the Accounting Manager to establish collections policy & procedures for uncollectible accounts & the analyze options for introducing Dunning workflows.
- Work with external auditors on annual financial audits.
What you bring to the role
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Minimum of 2 -3 years of related professional experience, SaaS/software industry preferred
- Smart, inquisitive, and analytical
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel including complete/thorough knowledge of Financial, Logical, Lookup/Reference, and Mathematical functions
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to adapt your style and language depending on the audience
- An ability to explain key billing, revenue and cloud concepts to multiple stakeholders
- Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce & Dell Boomi is preferred
About Human Interest:
We are a high-growth, Series C-funded company on a mission to change the retirement industry. We’re building a best-in-class product to make it possible for smaller businesses to give their employees a path to financial independence. Named one of America’s Best Startups by Forbes and one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, we’re continuing to grow and looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission: ensuring that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines.
We comply with CCPA guidelines.