Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
Why Payroll Integrations @ Human Interest?
We’re building the largest network of integrated payroll solutions of any 401(k) provider in the industry – and it’s dramatically simplifying the way small and medium sized businesses setup and run their 401(k)s. Traditional 401(k) providers typically handle data exchanges manually or put the onus on the customer. We’re on a mission to help more people save for retirement and making it effortless for employers to connect their payroll with Human Interest is critical to our success. Come join us and help make a real impact on people's financial lives!
You will be responsible for leading, managing and mentoring a team of Product Managers and Product Specialists in the delivery of new payroll integrations and will partner with functional leaders across the organization to develop a strategic roadmap that balances ambitious growth objectives with critical support and maintainability goals to ensure we continue to provide a seamless experience for our customers at scale.
- Define the product vision and roadmap for our Payroll Integrations product area and develop and lead a professional services practice that can scalably launch new integrations with current and future partners. This is a unique role blending product management and leadership duties with business development and professional services responsibilities. You will fully own the strategy and direction for how we build, maintain and scale our network of integrated HRIS/payroll partners.
- Provide people management, mentorship, and career development to members of your team, including Product Managers and Product Specialists. Set and communicate team and individual goals and communicate the strategy and tactics required to achieve those goals.
- Collaborate closely with our Partnerships and Revenue teams to plan, scope and resource integration projects with new and prospective partners to help grow our addressable market
- Cultivate relationships with our top HRIS/payroll partners and work closely with technical and business contacts at each to help influence their integration roadmaps and capabilities, constantly advocating for improvements that benefit our mutual customers
- Define and own key metrics for your product area and collaborate with our Data team to develop models that measure the health, maintainability and support costs for our existing integrations. Use data to prioritize projects within your team and drive cross-functional alignment on a roadmap that balances ambitious growth goals with efficiency and cost to serve targets.
- Leverage your experience and expertise to help us build a world class product development organization that attracts, nurtures and retains top talent
You Should Have
- 10+ years of relevant product management experience in B2B SaaS, 4+ years in people management
- Proven record of building and managing highly effective product and/or professional services teams in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for customers, solving problems and continuously finding ways to improve your product area and team processes without compromising on quality
- Strong relationship building skills and an ability to strategically influence and communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders and business partners across all levels
- Deep expertise in building, managing and maintaining technical integrations (including APIs and SFTP integrations) with external business systems
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Bonus: experience developing technical integrations with HRIS or payroll systems and/or experience owning external-facing APIs
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
About Human Interest:
We are a high-growth, Series C-funded company on a mission to change the retirement industry. We’re building a best-in-class product to make it possible for smaller businesses to give their employees a path to financial independence. Named one of America’s Best Startups by Forbes and one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, we’re continuing to grow and looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission: ensuring that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We comply with CCPA guidelines.