Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
We are a rocketship and Implementation is a key initiative for the company. The Implementation Core team sits on the Revenue team and as Director of Implementation Core, you will be managing 5 managers and 35 total reports. Separately, you will be measuring KPIs and providing implementation guidance to a team of implementation managers.
You’re the right fit for this role if you are passionate, move with high velocity, have grit (everyone is a contributor in a startup), live and breathe in data, thrive on problem-solving, and default to action. And finally, as we go 24,791 mph, you should be comfortable with change.
What you get to do everyday
- Define the strategy and OKRs for the team and continually optimize performance
- Understand how to look at data and mentor your team to deliver their best
- Work with data team to analyze launch metrics and show improvements MoM
- Support a fast growing revenue organization by refining processes and hiring effectively
- Work with Implementation, Operations, Account Management, Sales, Product and other teams on how to scale the business and keep up with revenue growth
- Be an advocate as well as the escalation point for the Implementation team
- It’s a dynamic environment- there is so much more that we are going to ask of you - are you up for it?
What you bring to the role
- 10+ years of retirement experience, particularly implementation
- 5+ years of management experience of a team of 20 or more plus managing managers in a remote environment
- Prior experience managing an implementation team
- A “people person” who truly enjoys interacting with clients and can communicate difficult concepts fluidly
- A strong work ethic, proactively following up with our customers and keeping them on track
- A self-starting attitude and desire for learning new programs, systems, and widening your knowledge base about the retirement industry and our product
- Meticulous attention to detail - rarely making typos and noticing discrepancies that others would miss
- A passion for process; constantly on the lookout for inefficiencies that can be improved
- Deep analytical skills that fuel your curiosity and lead to insightful, data-driven decisions.
- Execution focus and ability to quickly experiment, gather data, and then scale
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-functional skills – you have the ability to think and communicate creatively, thoughtfully, and on your feet with diverse technical and non-technical team members
- Comfort with defining goals, success factors, and key metrics and delivering against them
- Excellent organizational skills, are able juggle multiple tasks with varying deadlines and stakeholders without dropping the ball
- Proven ability to work effectively revenue teams
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth software company where change is a constant
- Self-starter, ability to lead innovative, entrepreneurial efforts and drive for excellence
- Ability to manage multiple projects, determine project urgency and execute detailed action plans
- Able to function independently, as well as collaboratively with other team members
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
About Human Interest:
We are a high-growth, Series C-funded company on a mission to change the retirement industry. We’re building a best-in-class product to make it possible for smaller businesses to give their employees a path to financial independence. Namedone of America’s Best Startups by Forbes and one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, we’re continuing to grow and looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission: ensuring that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.