Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
Why Engineering @ Human Interest?
As an Engineering Manager at Human Interest, you’ll be directly responsible for the performance and wellbeing of your engineering team. You’ll get the opportunity to both develop the team in terms of individual skills as well as additional capacity and be passionate about keeping your team’s product delivery effective, scrupulous and agile.
What you get to do everyday:
- Hands on leader, with experience of assisting high performance and engaging teams while also promoting a safe environment for people to experiment, learn and grow.
- Partner with product and architecture, to ensure there is a clear shared vision for the engineering team, and a roadmap on how to get there.
- Leverage your engineering experience to mentor teams to build quality software
- Work closely with your cross-functional teams to cultivate a fun, rewarding, agile and results-driven culture.
- Make intelligent trade offs while balancing, communicating and prioritizing the needs of your team and the business as a whole.
- Establish and embody necessary processes and practices that enable the team to successfully develop, support and maintain our solutions.
- Attract, recruit and retain motivated and engaged engineers, building on and complementing the diversity of our teams.
- Be a role-model within Human Interest by supporting and growing the next generation of engineering leaders.
What you bring to the role:
- 7+ years of experience building and maintaining quality software in production at scale.
- Minimum of 3 years managing a technical team of developers in a fast paced environment.
- You care deeply about culture and foster collaborative, inclusive teams in which people are empowered to do their best work.
- Knowledge of software design and agile processes to effectively deliver product.
- Understanding of application security lifecycle and security best practices.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Past experience working in startups and/or fintech.
- Proactive and empathetic mindset - you love to roll up your sleeves to fix problems for our customers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
About Human Interest:
We are a high-growth, Series C-funded company on a mission to change the retirement industry. We’re building a best-in-class product to make it possible for smaller businesses to give their employees a path to financial independence. Namedone of America’s Best Startups by Forbes and one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, we’re continuing to grow and looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission: ensuring that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines.