Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right: In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
What you get to do everyday
- Collaborate with and coach managers on people-related matters, such as organizational/team development, employee relations, successful onboarding and offboarding,etc
- Create templates and process improvements to help systemize our approach while also working alongside managers to support established performance management tools and programs.
- Be the first point of contact for portfolio employees of all levels on day to day matters
- Provide guidance on complex employee relations issues making recommendations for resolution.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reduce legal risks and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Regularly assess and provide guidance on organizational climate, workforce planning, succession planning and identify opportunities for improvements and efficiencies
What you bring to the role
- Previous experience in HR in a dynamic high growth tech startup
- 5+ years of HR experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- At least 2 years of experience as an HRBP supporting distributed customer success and/or operations teams
- In-depth knowledge of HR laws, practices, regulations, recruitment, and compensation required; demonstrated competency to learn new state legislation as needed.
- Excellent communication skills, high EQ, and ability to navigate complex situations.
- Experience working in a very fast paced environment with a consistently high quality of work and a sense of humor.
- Location: fully remote willing to support Eastern time zone
About Human Interest:
We are a high-growth, Series C-funded company on a mission to change the retirement industry. We’re building a best-in-class product to make it possible for smaller businesses to give their employees a path to financial independence. Named one of America’s Best Startups by Forbes and one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, we’re continuing to grow and looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission: ensuring that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We comply with CCPA guidelines.