Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
The Support Engineer role involves investigation, reporting, triaging and fixing issues. This role is ideal for people with technical skills who are looking to start a long-term career in software engineering.
This is a growth focused role. We expect Support Engineers to move into Software Engineer roles on one of Human Interest’s product development teams after working through a plan with their manager.
What you get to do everyday:
- Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve bugs, requests and alerts from development, automated monitoring and other internal teams
- Identify/analyze issues by reviewing system logs, data and code; providing concise details and recommendations to product and engineering
- Identify and track trends of issues
- Work closely with other engineers and support team members to identify sources of issues and provided solutions in code or ensure they are being prioritized with the appropriate team
What you bring to the role:
- At least 1 year of experience in software development, quality assurance or a support role
- You can take a complex scenario and are able to distill it down into clear written communication.
- You’re self-motivated and love getting to the bottom of things
- You’re always looking to improve things
- Motivated and eager to learn new technologies and approaches to diagnosing and solving technical challenges
- Familiarity with agile software development processes and software testing are a plus
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
About Human Interest:
We are a high-growth, Series C-funded company on a mission to change the retirement industry. We’re building a best-in-class product to make it possible for smaller businesses to give their employees a path to financial independence. Named one of America’s Best Startups by Forbes and one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, we’re continuing to grow and looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission: ensuring that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We comply with CCPA guidelines.