Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
This is a rare opportunity to build and continually improve a new account management team in a hyper-growth environment
Human Interest is rapidly scaling to serve a massive audience of small and medium sized businesses that have been underserved by legacy 401(k) providers. We are looking for an experienced retirement client services leader to create a new team dedicated to providing proactive guidance and support to plan administrators. Our goal is to help every business take full advantage of the benefits of offering a 401(k) to their employees.
Reporting to the Head of Customer Success, the Director of Account Management will make rapid decisions about hiring, organizational design, process development, and workflow management so that we can deliver world-class service to our ever-increasing customer base. This role will serve as a plan administration and compliance subject matter expert in key decisions regarding service levels, policies, and process, both within the Customer Success organization and across the company more broadly.
What you get to do everyday:
Lead a high-performing team
- Hire, develop, inspire, and support a team of Account Managers dedicated to the plan administrator success
- Roll up your sleeves and help in the continual build and innovation of Human Interest’s Customer Success team
- Ensure the team is enabled to respond to customers and internal partners in a professional and consultative manner, creating value in every interaction
- Establish and manage team deliverables, ensuring that our service level goals are consistently met or exceeded
- Provide constant feedback on performance and areas of improvement, thorough “side-by-sides”, call listening, and performance reviews
- Conduct regular staff meetings with leadership and teams providing updates, and receiving feedback
- Provide guidance to the team on a daily basis to swiftly and effectively resolve escalated cases
Provide world-class customer service
- Provide a leadership voice in high-stakes conversations with prospects, customers and advisors
- Evolve our service delivery to ensure customer satisfaction, retention, and loyalty
- Develop collaborative relationships with internal teams to improve the cross-functional processes required to deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Serve as senior decision maker on escalated cases
Deliver ongoing business and operational improvements
- Develop KPIs to measure team performance and efficiency on a daily basis
- Ensure that issue tracking systems are in place to identify trends that may result in training, workflow changes or system requests
- Define and implement new processes and workflows to improve team productivity and handoffs between teams
- Develop a capacity model for creating team staffing and budget plans
What you bring to the role:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in retirement client service leadership
- Qualified 401(k) Administrator (QKA) certification
- Tireless customer advocacy and a passion for delivering experience improvements
- Experience with rapid planning, execution, and measurement of operational process improvements
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- A strong leadership presence and ability to influence and drive execution
- Prior experience growing and scaling a high-performing team
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
About Human Interest:
We are a high-growth, Series C-funded company on a mission to change the retirement industry. We’re building a best-in-class product to make it possible for smaller businesses to give their employees a path to financial independence. Named one of America’s Best Startups by Forbes and one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, we’re continuing to grow and looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission: ensuring that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines.
We comply with CCPA guidelines.