Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
Why Platform @ Human Interest?
We’re building the first full stack, automated retirement management platform in the industry – and it’s a game changer. Most of our competitors outsource significant portions of their underlying servicing stack to Third Party Administrators. This leads to inefficiencies, poor customer service and expensive pricing models based on service fees. We’re on a mission to change the retirement industry (for good) and our platform is at the center of our success. Come join us to make a real impact on people's financial lives!
You will be responsible for launching new features, functionality and tools to scale and improve the core servicing platform of Human Interest.
- Own and deliver complex features and products that improve the core servicing platform of Human Interest
- Inspire and lead cross functional teams of engineers, product managers, data analysts, and domain experts
- Collaborate with PMs across the org and other cross-functional partners to understand their requirements, manage dependencies, and plan for their future needs
- Serve as product owner for our core platform; manage the backlog, and ship product value incrementally in collaboration with engineering
- Become a domain expert, deeply understanding Human Interest’s core platform. Conceptualize, design and execute initiatives that set up our servicing platform for success
You Should Have
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager, preferably within a startup environment
- Excellent clear communication and presentation skills. You are strong at defining a problem and the why behind an initiative to a wide range of stakeholders!
- Ability to manage a complex set of products at different stages of their lifecycle
- Experience driving impact through cross-functional collaboration
- Continuously improve the PM productivity by identifying process improvements and mentoring others
- Bonus: FinTech or a SaaS Product experience
Please feel free to apply to the role even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements.
About Human Interest:
We are a high-growth, Series C-funded company on a mission to change the retirement industry. We’re building a best-in-class product to make it possible for smaller businesses to give their employees a path to financial independence. Namedone of America’s Best Startups by Forbes and one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, we’re continuing to grow and looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission: ensuring that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.