Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
Why Plan Operations @ Human Interest?
We’re building the first full stack, automated retirement management platform in the industry – and it’s a game changer. Most of our competitors outsource significant portions of their underlying servicing stack to Third Party Administrators. This leads to inefficiencies, poor customer service and expensive pricing models based on service fees. We’re on a mission to change the retirement industry (for good) and our platform is at the center of our success. Come join us to make a real impact on people's financial lives!
You will be responsible for launching new features, functionality and tools to scale and improve the core servicing platform of Human Interest.
- Serve as product owner for the services and solutions we use to manage plan changes, process customer trades and account for all transactions in our recordkeeping system. This product area is critical to meeting company objectives with high internal visibility and strong engineering, product and design resources to support you.
- Inspire and lead cross functional teams of engineers, designers, data analysts, and domain experts to frame problems and deliver scalable solutions with clear success criteria
- Collaborate with other product teams across the org to shape service boundaries, manage dependencies and plan for the future needs of our customers, internal teams and stakeholders
- Become a 401(k) domain expert by partnering with internal SMEs to deeply understand the functional requirements of 401(k) operations and translate them into technical solutions and services built for scale
We will consider mid to senior experience levels for this role.
You Should Have:
- 3-5+ years experience as a Product Manager, preferably B2B SaaS roles across different stages of a company, from early to mature
- Clear communication and presentation skills. You are strong at defining a problem and framing “why it matters” to a wide range of stakeholders, both technical and non.
- Ability to manage a complex set of solutions at different stages of their lifecycle, across multiple layers of our system
- Strong relationship building skills and experience driving impact through cross-functional collaboration
- A systematic approach to planning, prioritization and negotiation that leverages data
- A process improvement mindset and willingness to share your ideas to help us learn and grow as a Product organization
- Solid analytical skills, SQL knowledge and ability to source data a plus
- Bonus: experience building software products for complex, regulated industries such as Finance, Accounting, Payroll, Legal or HR
Please feel free to apply to the role even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements.
About Human Interest:
We are a high-growth, Series C-funded company on a mission to change the retirement industry. We’re building a best-in-class product to make it possible for smaller businesses to give their employees a path to financial independence. Named one of America’s Best Startups by Forbes and one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, we’re continuing to grow and looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission: ensuring that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines.
We comply with CCPA guidelines.