Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
We have a great opportunity for a capable Security Operations Center Manager who has a real excitement for process, practical security measures and fast reaction times. We are building out a team of passionate security professionals whose bread and butter is learning new technologies in a collaborative and inclusive environment.
What you get to do everyday:
- Build strong relationships across Human Interest and act as an advocate of security best practices
- Define security controls around code and infrastructure deployments
- Conduct product design reviews
- Conduct basic penetration tests
- Train engineers on security best practices
- Offer your expertise to other specialists in the design and building of secure software across our business
What you bring to the role:
- Demonstrable knowledge of information security best practices. Application or infrastructure security is a must; both is a big bonus
- Definition of security controls for the company’s engineering organization
- Secure development lifecycle management
- Threat modeling and security kill chains
- A foundation and in-depth technical knowledge of security engineering, authentication (especially SSO and MFA), and communication protocols
- Experience securing IT assets such as laptop computers
- Understanding of code library, software, and operating system patching
- A comprehensive understanding of web application architecture
- Security experience in cloud environments such as AWS, and across SAAS products
- Ability to train others in security best practices
- No fear when it comes to learning new technologies and taking initiatives
- Past contributions to the security community
- Experience in the financial services industry, or another similarly-regulated industry (e.g., healthcare).
- Professional coding is a big plus
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
About Human Interest:
We are a high-growth, Series C-funded company on a mission to change the retirement industry. We’re building a best-in-class product to make it possible for smaller businesses to give their employees a path to financial independence. Named one of America’s Best Startups by Forbes and one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, we’re continuing to grow and looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission: ensuring that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We comply with CCPA guidelines.
We comply with CCPA guidelines.