Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
We are looking for a Director of Design who will lead design of our customer experience and internal tools. You will join a team that is customer-focused and passionate about improving the Human Interest experience for plan administrators, plan participants, and the internal teams that manage key parts of the customer journey. You’ll be part of a close-knit cross functional team that includes Product, Engineering, and Marketing to help build the next generation of Human Interest. This role reports into the Head of Product, Growth & Experiences.
What you get to do everyday:
- Define and execute on the product experience strategy and roadmap for our customers (Administrators, Participants and Internal users).
- Lead, motivate and retain a diverse team of designers in the latest UX/UI/visual techniques and tools, and help apply principles of design thinking to create and deliver engaging and high quality experiences that lead to desired outcomes.
- Build strong partnerships and work collaboratively with product teams to launch new features and evolve existing ones based on a deep understanding of behavioral science, customer needs, business objectives and technical constraints.
- Translate business goals into innovative, creative and engaging product experiences and establish goals and target metrics that design decisions can be mapped to.
- Ensure appropriate and actionable user research is being conducted across all phases of the product development cycle and that design solutions are based on these insights.
What you bring to the role:
- 10+ years of relevant design experience in digital products, 4+ years in people management.
- Extensive experience in building product experiences for consumer/enterprise software products, prior experience working with investment products and/or visually displaying quantitative information is a plus!
- Proven record of building highly effective design teams focused on delivering consistent user experiences.
- Ability to articulate design decisions and advocate for the user, using qualitative and quantitative insights.
- Experience finding simple, innovative solutions for complex problems.
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating design strategy & design works that influenced business outcomes portfolio of work personally designed and shipped, along with examples of work directed and delivered by your team
- Experience in partnering and collaborating with cross functional teams in a dynamic, rapid and growth environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual/presentational skills.
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
About Human Interest:
We are a high-growth, Series C-funded company on a mission to change the retirement industry. We’re building a best-in-class product to make it possible for smaller businesses to give their employees a path to financial independence. Namedone of America’s Best Startups by Forbes and one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, we’re continuing to grow and looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission: ensuring that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.