Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
Why Platform @ Human Interest?
We’re building the first full stack, automated retirement management platform in the industry – and it’s a game changer. Most of our competitors outsource significant portions of their underlying servicing stack to Third Party Administrators. This leads to inefficiencies, poor customer service and expensive pricing models based on service fees. We’re on a mission to change the retirement industry (for good) and our platform is at the center of our success. Come join us to make a real impact on people's financial lives!
You will be responsible for launching new features, functionality and tools to scale and improve the core servicing platform of Human Interest.
What You Get To Do Every Day:
- Guide multiple Product Development teams in building a revolutionary end-to-end retirement management platform with specific focus on backend accounting, transactional processing and compliance testing systems. Your teams will own and build the core components that allow us to run 401(k)s more efficiently than industry incumbents.
- Identify opportunities for automation and lead your teams to define and drive projects that will scale our platform and servicing through creative solutions (we aim to support millions of participants - we think of scale in BIG terms)
- Develop and own a product roadmap that aligns with business objectives and delivers against ambitious goals
- Be a passionate leader constantly focused on managing, mentoring and growing your team
- Build strong relationships and collaborative partnerships with stakeholders across the organization from engineering, QA, design, data, customer, sales, marketing and operations
- Help define qualitative and quantitative success metrics for your team’s projects and own the outcomes. Take accountability when results don’t deliver and champion your team when they do!
What You Bring To The Role:
- 10+ years experience as a product manager building successful web-based, SaaS products with a proven track record of delivering meaningful results
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a people manager in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. You are strong at defining problems and “the why” behind initiatives to a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to manage a complex set of products, services and tools at different stages of their lifecycle
- Experience driving impact through cross-functional collaboration
- Experience working in Agile development environments
- Bonus: FinTech experience, knowledge or interest in personal finance is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Please feel free to apply to the role even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements.
About Human Interest:
We are a high-growth, Series C-funded company on a mission to change the retirement industry. We’re building a best-in-class product to make it possible for smaller businesses to give their employees a path to financial independence. Namedone of America’s Best Startups by Forbes and one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, we’re continuing to grow and looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission: ensuring that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.