Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Human Interest is rapidly expanding to help more businesses offer retirement benefits to their employees and we need an experienced product management leader to help us deliver our offering to a massive but fragmented market.
As an Operations Associate on our Operations team, you get to support the day-to-day administration of our clients’ 401(k) plans and ensure accurate and timely financial transactions. Part organizational whiz, part detail ninja, you may be early in your career, but you are methodical, responsible, and eager to make a great impact at an early-stage startup.
What you get to do everyday
- Review and reconcile 401(k) related customer and account data
- Process customer transactions such as contributions, loans, distributions, and adjustments
- Problem-solve issues and double-check reports for discrepancies
- Work cross-functionally with customer success, implementation, engineering, and compliance to address customer inquiries and improve processes to build a better product that is scalable as we continue to grow
- Become an expert at operational processes and source of knowledge for internal stakeholders
What you bring to the role
- Meticulous attention to detail – you rarely make typos and notice discrepancies that most people would miss
- Strong organizational skills – you can juggle multiple tasks with varying deadlines without ever dropping the ball
- Ability to perform at high efficiency in a fast-paced environment – you can get an incredible amount done in a short amount of time
- Work well on teams – you communicate issues quickly and proactively, take responsibility for your mistakes, and support others
- Good with numbers – you are not afraid of working with large sets of data to uncover trends or errors
- Passion for solving big problems and having a direct and positive impact
- Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent experience
- Experience working in accounting or the 401(k) industry preferred, but not required
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
Human Interest is a high-growth, Series C-funded company on a mission to change the retirement industry. We’re building a best-in-class product to make it possible for smaller businesses to give their employees a path to financial independence.
Named one of America’s Best Startups by Forbes and one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, we’re continuing to grow and looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission: ensuring that people in all lines of work have access to a retirement benefit.
Our work at Human Interest helps SMBs and nonprofits – everything from daycares to social justice orgs, dental offices to dog walkers, construction firms to startups – access a path to financial independence.
Human Interest is proud to provide amazing benefits and perks.
Diversity and inclusion help us do better as a business, and we deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.