Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
We’re looking for a Head of Data Analytics to lead and scale the data function at Human Interest. You'll be able to formulate and execute on a vision that helps us build a more data-driven culture throughout our organization. You will partner closely with leaders across our product, engineering, go-to-market, support, operations, and finance teams to drive business performance and strategic decision-making.
What you get to do everyday
- Build and execute on a company-wide data strategy as Human Interest continues to scale
- Be a thought leader and evangelist to drive data adoption and knowledge at all levels across the organization
- Manage, mentor and grow the existing data team
- Work closely with functional leaders to understand their data needs, define the right key metrics, and uncover and answer the business’ most critical questions
- Deeply understand our data, and find ways to extend our systems to extract more value
- Obsess over data accuracy and insights, constantly seeking to improve and drive the quality of our data
- Own all aspects of the analytics data infrastructure
What you bring to the role
- 7+ years of experience in data analytics and data science
- Track record of building and mentoring a high-performing Analytics team
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field
- Balance of technical skills and a strategic/business mindset — ability to understand business objectives, recognize leverage in analytics projects, and prioritize appropriately
- Advanced SQL expertise and proficiency in at least one data programming language (Python, R, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with data warehousing, data modeling, ETL, and dashboarding
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Executive presence - experience working closely with senior leaders to solve challenging business problems, ability to effectively present and debate recommendations
- Experience with Looker, Snowflake, Airflow or DBT
- Experience with both product and marketing analytics at SaaS companies a plus
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
About Human Interest:
We are a high-growth, Series C-funded company on a mission to change the retirement industry. We’re building a best-in-class product to make it possible for smaller businesses to give their employees a path to financial independence. Namedone of America’s Best Startups by Forbes and one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, we’re continuing to grow and looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission: ensuring that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.