Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, leaving employer-sponsored 401(k) plans as the primary vehicle for retirement savings in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are employed by a company that doesn’t offer retirement benefits because it’s too complex and expensive to set up a plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it possible for small and medium sized businesses to offer retirement plans that give their employees a path to financial independence.
This is an opportunity to evolve the customer strategy of a fast-growing company.
Human Interest is rapidly expanding to help more businesses offer retirement benefits to their employees and we need an experienced product marketer to help us deliver our offering to a massive but fragmented market. Reporting to the Head of Product Marketing, this role will help us evolve our segmentation, positioning, and messaging strategy to maximize the value we deliver to our customers.
Product marketing is a new function for our company and as one of the first hires on this team, you will play a pivotal role in helping to define our strategy. You will be obsessed with our customers and endlessly advocate for better ways to reach and serve them. This is a highly cross-functional position that will partner with our Revenue and Product teams on a day-to-day basis to ensure they have the resources they need to communicate our value proposition and differentiation.
What You Get To Do Every Day:
We are looking for a Content Marketing Manager to help build a scalable content marketing engine. Focusing on both quality and strategy, you thrive by working collaboratively and cross-functionally to ensure that our high-quality content drives leads, builds our brand, and engages those we serve.
Content creation & strategy:
- You can assign, edit, and execute content (may include video, interactive tools, how-tos, articles, social posts, infographics, emails, webinars, brand/internal assets) and deliver informative, valuable assets
- You have the ability to develop and create content people actually want to consume and measure the results of your efforts
- You will help build a scalable content marketing engine that balances brand, quality, customer needs, and acquisition
- You know a message is impactful only if it’s heard and you’re driven by ensuring a content asset reaches as many people as it can in the target audience
- You have a proven track record with SEO, including keyword research, page optimization, and identifying new SEO opportunities
- You ensure content is consistent with brand voice and advances our position in the industry
- You are familiar with modern content distribution strategies and technologies
- You will help measure and report on the impact of content and gather insights that will help optimize content
- You are able to prioritize multiple projects on fast-moving schedules and adept at quickly adjusting to last-minute requests or changing timelines/priorities with flexibility and good humor
- You are skilled in collaborating cross-functionally, e.g. with engineering, design, sales, product managers, etc.
- You give high attention to detail, have strong editorial awareness and judgment
What You Bring To The Role:
- At least 4-6+ years of experience creating content marketing collateral
- BA/BS in Business, Marketing, Journalism, English, Finance, etc.
- Professional background in Marketing, Content, SEO
- Experience in B2B, fintech, or SaaS
- A self-starter with an ability to own projects and work independently
- Strong writing skills with examples of work
- Knowledge of the financial services industry / retirement
Nice to have:
- Experience working in WordPress
- Certifications in SEO, etc.
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
Human Interest is a high-growth, Series C-funded company on a mission to change the retirement industry. We’re building a best-in-class product to make it possible for smaller businesses to give their employees a path to financial independence.
Named one of America’s Best Startups by Forbes and one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, we’re continuing to grow and looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission: ensuring that people in all lines of work have access to a retirement benefit.
Our work at Human Interest helps SMBs and nonprofits – everything from daycares to social justice orgs, dental offices to dog walkers, construction firms to startups – access a path to financial independence.
Human Interest is proud to provide amazing benefits and perks.
Diversity and inclusion help us do better as a business, and we deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.