Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
As a member of the Marketing team, you’ll drive both Marketing Analytics and Marketing Operations and subsequently drive customer value. You have the ability to improve the process behind the scenes and also to improve processes to drive growth.
What you get to do everyday
- You will be responsible for the process to get direct-mail campaigns out the door and create measurement frameworks to monitor success and weave together a comprehensive (offline/online and incremental) view of success.
- You will also be responsible for the pipelines between constantly-evolving digital-marketing programs, our website and (future) mobile app, and management/measurement/visualization platforms such as Segment, Pardot and Looker.
- This role requires someone who's analytical, detail oriented and has baseline knowledge of landscapes like digital marketing, direct mail and marketing attribution.
- You enjoy analyzing performance marketing just as much as you enjoy designing a framework to enable that analysis.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment but can stay engaged with routine tasks.
Prospecting with Direct Marketing:
- You’ll seek creative ways to source and enrich prospect accounts that fit our target customer
- You’ll develop, execute and automate programs to stitch together firmographics, technographics, psychographics and user engagement as part of activating and suppressing lists. This includes managing vendors.
- You’ll partner with data science on predictive analysis based on intent/response, conversion and ICP models
- You’ll partner with the data team to support integrated campaigns (the right message for the right buyer stage) by onboarding a customer data platform, or building a framework in house, to address identity resolution and persist intent/fit-level for every touch point
- You’ll optimize our martech stack to store, process and manage customer data. This includes liaising with the Data Team and RevOps to identify, clean/fix and improve our data pipeline & taxonomy.
Marketing Analytics and Reporting:
- You will build and own performance-based reports to ensure key stakeholders have access to accurate and timely information at varying levels of granularity.
- You will apply sophisticated computational, statistical, and modeling techniques in support of data enrichment and campaign optimization: data mining, predictive analysis and attribution modeling.
- You will conduct ad-hoc analysis, when needed, to dig into performance and answer marketing related questions for key stakeholders.
- You will continuously question processes and refine, rebuild, and create reports to serve existing and future needs with a focus on surfacing insights.
- You’ll thrive in a data-driven, test-and-learn culture with your passion for telling stories with data - not only surfacing marketing (online and offline) insights, but also presenting these insights and recommendations to the wider organization.
- You will constantly innovate on measurement framework to assist with spend allocation decisions, campaign execution, and internal storytelling.
What you bring to the role
- 3+ years in Marketing data analytics
- An understanding of the digital and offline marketing landscape and management/measurement tools
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and data evaluation skills
- Hands-on experience applying statistical approaches/concepts, including A/B tests, statistical significance, and multivariate testing
- Experience writing new SQL queries
- Attention to detail and the ability to understand the nuances of marketing programs
- Bias towards action. Some questions just need answers while others should fuel further investigation. Proactively probing data, asking questions, and seeking clarity
- Achiever with a drive to improve whatever you touch
- Familiarity with Looker a plus
- Experience with CDP platforms a plus
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
About Human Interest:
We are a high-growth, Series C-funded company on a mission to change the retirement industry. We’re building a best-in-class product to make it possible for smaller businesses to give their employees a path to financial independence. Named one of America’s Best Startups by Forbes and one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, we’re continuing to grow and looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission: ensuring that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Human Interest employees must adhere to the Company’s security policies and Code of Ethics.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.