Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
As a member of the Recordkeeping team, you will get to help build our financial engine. You will collaborate with domain experts to design, build, test, and own systems and processes for servicing 401(k) plans and making our customers happy. As reliability is key to earning our customers’ trust, you will build robust systems that are observable, maintainable, and scalable.
What you get to do everyday:
- Lead a risk aware culture through documentation, training and enforcement
- Create and implement a strategy for the further development of long-range policies and practices for our company-wide security, including information security policies and practices to secure protected and sensitive data
- Responsible for global regulatory compliance and lead compliance efforts relating to SOC, GDPR, CCPA, etc
- Work with all parts of the organization to establish long-range corporate policies and protocols related to our company-wide security posture, including policies and procedures that protect the organization’s digital assets
- Develop and communicate guidelines and controls to mitigate risks and to ensure compliance with legal and contractual requirements, corporate security to safeguard a secure business environment
- Work with internal stakeholders to provide guidance on internal/external audits as needed
- Establish and iterate on system safeguards by directing disaster preparedness development as well as conducting preparedness tests
- Own and drive security incident management
- Advise senior leadership by identifying critical security issues and recommending risk-reduction solutions
- Work with product & development organizations to mitigate risks, enhance application security and ensure data protection
What you bring to the role:
- 10+ years of experience in a combination of risk management, information security and information technology fields
- 5+ years of experience in a senior leadership role
- You have excellent people leadership skills – providing direction, monitoring performance, motivating staff and building a positive working environment
- You have a proven track record of building inclusive and high quality security operations in an organization
- You are able to communicate and collaborate with leadership as the subject matter expert in security, while putting threats and incidents into business context
- You have significant experience in developing information security policies and procedures, as well as successfully executing programs that meet the objectives of the business
- You have experience in dealing with internal/external auditors
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Management Systems or related field
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
About Human Interest:
We are a high-growth, Series C-funded company on a mission to change the retirement industry. We’re building a best-in-class product to make it possible for smaller businesses to give their employees a path to financial independence. Namedone of America’s Best Startups by Forbes and one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, we’re continuing to grow and looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission: ensuring that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.