Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
We are looking for a talented and thoughtful designer to help us define our growth strategy, reimagine our website and growth channels, and execute our go-to-market vision.
About Human Interest
Social Security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
About the Team
Our design team is highly-motivated, mission-focused, and believes in customer-centered innovation. We are a collaborative team, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. We combine research, data, and thoughtful critique, as we discover customer needs and solve problems that impact the work and life of millions of people.
The role demands great execution, obsession with quality, optimism to solve problems with creativity, ambition to take on projects from start to finish, and agility to move quickly in a fast-paced environment.. You’ll work on solving problems that will make a meaningful difference in our company’s future.
What you get to do everyday
This is a high-impact creative role that reports to the VP of Design, and is intimately tied to our cross-functional Growth team. This role will help define our growth strategy and brand design system, while collaborating with Marketing, PMs, Designers, and Engineers to deliver world class customer experiences. You will:
- Collaborate with our internal partners across marketing, product, and beyond to shape the strategy, ideation, and execution of world-class growth experiences
- Lead the ideation, art direction, design, and execution of projects from start to finish
- Represent our brand and experience principles to internal stakeholders, and provide input that will shape planning and strategy
- Deliver and solicit feedback to continually improve the Human Interest brand and raise the quality and craftsmanship of our output
- Clearly articulate design decisions to a vast set of partners and stakeholders
- Provide feedback and art direction to external creative agencies and vendors
What you bring to the role
You are a thoughtful, creative, and imaginative designer who cares deeply about people, solving their problems, and making their lives easier. You have a passion for making the perplexing obvious and the complex simple. You’ve worked on successful growth teams in the past. You know how to work well with Marketing, Product Management, Engineers, and Designers.
- You have a strong working knowledge of the fundamentals—brand development, interaction design, and user-centered experience design
- Experience leading medium to large-sized projects with multiple stakeholders
- Experience collaborating closely with marketing organizations
- Appetite for problem solving and a love for fast-paced environments
- Experience designing for web, email, offline media, and video
- You’re an inspiring communicator representing creative work, building trust, and influencing alignment of our creative vision across the organization
- You have at least 5 years of experience shaping and developing visual systems for brands and digital products
- You have a strong ability to provide clear creative direction and lead both designers and agencies through the creation of impactful work
- You have exceptional visual design expertise in typography, layout, color, and brand systems – no detail is too small for you to get just right
- You have a strong ability to prioritize work across short- and long-term projects
- You have a portfolio featuring examples of best-in-class creative solutions that you’ve led and developed (please include a link to a personal website or portfolio)
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
About the Company
Human Interest is a high-growth, Series C-funded company on a mission to change the retirement industry. We’re building a best-in-class product to make it possible for smaller businesses to give their employees a path to financial independence.
Named one of America’s Best Startups by Forbes and one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, we’re continuing to grow and looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission: ensuring that people in all lines of work have access to a retirement benefit.
Our work at Human Interest helps SMBs and nonprofits – everything from daycares to social justice orgs, dental offices to dog walkers, construction firms to startups – access a path to financial independence.
Human Interest is proud to provide amazing benefits and perks.
Diversity and inclusion help us do better as a business, and we deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.