Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
As a member of the Growth Team you will act as a force multiplier on the growth side of an already rapidly-scaling startup. You’ll work with a cross-functional team to create and maintain our website’s pages, infrastructure, experiment framework, and more to enable a business that is already exceeding growth targets to expand even faster.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Growth PM who already has experience working on fast-paced Growth teams and wishes to hone their entrepreneurial mindset. You’ll be working closely with product, marketing, and design on a small team responsible for delivering results at the leadership level. Our work drives the growth of our business, so come prepared to work hard, contribute ideas, and be resourceful.
This role is a special opportunity for someone who enjoys the intersection of Product and Marketing, using data to help our users experience the magic of Human Interest. You’ll own the strategy, roadmap, and execution of key growth product initiatives focused on unlocking remarkable experiences for our users. You’ll drive strong decision-marketing through quantitative results and A/B testing, and qualitative research and customer insights.
What you get to do everyday:
- Identifying opportunities for innovation, increased efficiencies, and outsized impact
- Scale current products and build future new products for SMBs
- Deeply understand the problems that you're tackling through research and regular interaction with customers and our operations teams; define and frame those problems for the team
- Build strong partnerships with stakeholders from our sales, marketing, services and engineering teams
- Drive execution for your roadmap from inception to launch and iteration, clarifying scope, removing blockers, and anticipating risk via frequent, clear communication with our engineering, services and management teams
- Manage the sprint process for your team - prioritize work, run daily stand ups and ensure that your team remains focused on the most impactful projects
- Constantly evaluate if your solutions have solved the problem through quantitative and qualitative measures; have a game plan to continuously measure and improve on these metrics
- Regularly communicate project status, scope changes and other developments to management
- Continually find ways to make our development process more efficient so we can deliver high-quality features to internal stakeholders and our customers more quickly
- Work to improve the infrastructure of Human Interest’s marketing pages: your tasks might include improving page speed, building infrastructure to support easier A/B testing, and instrumenting marketing experiments so we can clearly see how we’re performing
- Ideate about and implement numerous experiments that help Human Interest attract the attention of HR professionals and small business owners everywhere
- Work with a small team to define the Growth Team at Human Interest and help expand it
What you bring to the role:
- 4+ years experience as a product manager with prior experience in a growth role
- Bachelor's degree. Technical background preferred but not a requirement
- Proficiency with SQL and any BI (example: Mode, Looker, Periscope) tools
- Experience building and delivering successful products
- Experience working in Agile development environments and making process improvements that improve speed and quality of feature delivery
- Strong communications skills. You can collaborate with both technical and non-technical co-workers
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
About Human Interest:
We are a high-growth, Series C-funded company on a mission to change the retirement industry. We’re building a best-in-class product to make it possible for smaller businesses to give their employees a path to financial independence. Namedone of America’s Best Startups by Forbes and one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, we’re continuing to grow and looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission: ensuring that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.