Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
As a member of the Implementation team you will support the setup and launch of our new clients' 401(k) plans here at Human Interest! You'll be on the front lines with our new clients, working with a wide variety of companies (anything from the local plumber to the nationwide robotics firm), helping them set up and launch their new 401(k) plans. You'll own keeping the implementation process on-track while ensuring that customers are engaged and happy. Process-driven and people-focused - you are organized, friendly and flexible.
What you get to do everyday
- Communicate extensively with our customers to identify their needs and help them establish their 401k plans
- Educate, guide, and inform clients about plan design, compliance regulations, and responsibilities associated with the establishment and ongoing maintenance of their plan
- Work cross-functionally within our organization (specifically with sales and account management) to make sure customer needs are met
- Drive processes forward, managing internal and external stakeholders to keep our customers engaged, happy, and on-track
- Identify potential areas for process improvement to help the team scale
What you bring to the role
- 3+ years of experience in a client facing role in the financial or retirement industry - i.e. account management, onboarding, sales
- A “people person” who truly enjoys interacting with clients and can communicate difficult concepts fluidly
- A strong work ethic, proactively following up with our customers and keeping them on track
- A passion for process; constantly on the lookout for inefficiencies that can be improved
- A self-starting attitude and desire for learning new programs, systems, and widening your knowledge base about the retirement industry and our product
- Meticulous attention to detail - rarely making typos and noticing discrepancies that others would miss
- Ability to manage a queue of plans of your own and also be a contributing member of the implementation team
- Excellent organizational skills, are able juggle multiple tasks with varying deadlines and stakeholders without dropping the ball
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Spanish speaking preferred
- Ability to work East Coast hours
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
About Human Interest:
We are a high-growth, Series C-funded company on a mission to change the retirement industry. We’re building a best-in-class product to make it possible for smaller businesses to give their employees a path to financial independence. Namedone of America’s Best Startups by Forbes and one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, we’re continuing to grow and looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission: ensuring that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Inclusive collaboration makes us a better business
We deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.