Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right: in it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
As a member of the Experiences team, you will act as a force multiplier on the growth side of an already rapidly-scaling startup. You’ll work with a cross-functional team to create and maintain our website’s pages, infrastructure, experiment framework, and more to enable a business that is already exceeding growth targets to expand even faster.
This is a great opportunity for a developer who already has experience working in engineering and wishes to hone their entrepreneurial mindset. You’ll be working closely with product, marketing, and design on a small team responsible for delivering results at the leadership level. Our work drives the growth of our business, so come prepared to work hard, contribute ideas, and be resourceful.
What you get to do everyday:
- Work to improve the infrastructure of Human Interest’s marketing pages: your tasks might include improving page speed, building infrastructure to support easier A/B testing, and instrumenting marketing experiments so we can clearly see how we’re performing
- Ideate about and implement numerous experiments that help Human Interest attract the attention of HR professionals and small business owners everywhere
- Help with the migration from our previous stack (Wordpress) to a modern stack built on Next.js and Contentful
- Work with a small team to define growth engineering at Human Interest and help expand it
What you bring to the role:
- 5+ years in a software engineering role, ideally at a technology-driven firm
- Technical maturity equivalent to a Senior Software Engineer, and interest in mentoring junior engineers
- The ability to build full-stack implementation of design mockups with high fidelity
- Strong interest in business outcomes created by your work, and ability to contribute to strategic discussions about marketing strategy
- Strong communications skills. You can collaborate with both technical and non-technical co-workers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- (Preferred) experience with Next.js
- (Preferred) experience with Contenful (or similar CMS)
- (Preferred) experience working with or in a marketing organization, especially as a growth engineer
- (Preferred) experience with marketing/data tools like Marketo, Pardot, Salesforce, Heap, Google Analytics, Looker, and Segment
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
Human Interest is a high-growth, Series C-funded company on a mission to change the retirement industry. We’re building a best-in-class product to make it possible for smaller businesses to give their employees a path to financial independence. Named one of America’s Best Startups by Forbes and one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, we’re continuing to grow and looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission: ensuring that people in all lines of work have access to a retirement benefit.
Our work at Human Interest helps SMBs and nonprofits – everything from daycares to social justice orgs, dental offices to dog walkers, construction firms to startups – access a path to financial independence.
Human Interest is proud to provide amazing benefits and perks.
Diversity and inclusion help us do better as a business, and we deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.