Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
As a member of the Compliance team, you will support our clients’ 401(k) plans by completing compliance testing, preparing annual forms for filing with the IRS and consulting on plan design. You’ll also be involved in the preparation of plan documents, amendments and the review of incoming conversion plan documents. In addition to the technical aspects of the role, you will also interact on a cross-functional basis with several teams, including implementation, client support and internal operations to ensure the best possible experience for the customers.
What you get to do everyday
- Prepare and review compliance testing results (including ADP/ACP, Deductibility, Top Heavy, 401(a)(4), 402(g), 410(b), and 415) in a fast paced environment
- Review and interpret plan documents to determine plan provisions
- Design and prepare plan documents for new or conversion plans
- Prepare plan document amendments as needed
- Calculate annual contributions, including new comparability
- Review, prepare and ensure timely filing of Forms 5500, 5330 and 8955-SSA
- Assist Account Management team with questions, problem solving and resolution regarding Compliance issues
- Assist auditors as needed
- Calculate required minimum distributions
- Maintain up-to date knowledge of present legislation and proposed legislative changes with regard to ERISA law
What you bring to the role
- 2+ years of progressive retirement plan experience, including preparation of all compliance testing and annual IRS reporting requirements, and comprehensive understanding of plan documents
- Advanced knowledge of ERISA and IRS regulations
- Ability to research solutions and interpret technical literature
- Excellent spreadsheet knowledge, mathematical aptitude, and problem solving abilities
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex issues to all levels within an organization
- Self-starter and passionate about suggesting and implementing process improvements
- Experience with ASC or comparable compliance testing software
- Industry designation preferred (ASPPA, NIPA, etc.)
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
Human Interest is a high-growth, Series C-funded company on a mission to change the retirement industry. We’re building a best-in-class product to make it possible for smaller businesses to give their employees a path to financial independence.
Named one of America’s Best Startups by Forbes and one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, we’re continuing to grow and looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission: ensuring that people in all lines of work have access to a retirement benefit.
Our work at Human Interest helps SMBs and nonprofits – everything from daycares to social justice orgs, dental offices to dog walkers, construction firms to startups – access a path to financial independence.
Human Interest is proud to provide amazing benefits and perks.
Diversity and inclusion help us do better as a business, and we deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.