Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, making employer-sponsored 401(k) plans the primary retirement savings vehicle in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are not saving enough for their future because they are employed by a company that doesn’t offer a retirement plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it affordable and accessible for small and medium sized businesses to offer employees a path to financial independence through retirement savings.
Our values are the guiding principles we use to build solutions for plan administrators and participants. They reflect our point of view on what’s important and what’s right:
In it for customers, autonomous & accountable, outcomes driven, inclusive collaboration, and decisive.
Implementation supports the setup and launch of our new clients' 401(k) plans here at Human Interest. As Manager of Implementations, you'll be responsible for leading the team that's on the front lines with our customers, working with a wide variety of companies (anything from the local plumber to the nationwide robotics firm), helping them set up and launch their new 401(k) plans. You'll act as a key member of our Customer Success Leadership, with a responsibility to promote internal collaboration in order to build the right processes, systems, and playbooks to ensure a flawless onboarding experience for our customers.
Remote candidates (especially those in Arizona or on the East Coast) are strongly encouraged to apply!
What you get to do everyday
- With passion and confidence you will guide, inspire, and nurture a team of top-notch implementation managers
- Act as a force multiplier for the team by creating an environment which supports constant improvement and development
- Be a role model to foster a culture of collaboration and accountability across your team
- Drive initiatives forward, managing internal and external stakeholders to keep our customers engaged, happy, and on-track
- Define and execute project management best-practices across the team
- Communicate directly with our customers to identify their needs and help them establish their 401k plans
- Step-in to help on complex implementations and escalations
- Work cross-functionally with sales and account management teams to ensure customers are successfully onboarded
- Partner with product teams to drive platform improvements
What you bring to the role
- 5-7+ years of experience in 401(k) implementation or technical administration of plans.
- 2+ years of experience managing a team.
- Proven success leading customers through critical paths at scale.
- Passion for developing and mentoring your team
- Love for process. You’re constantly on the lookout for inefficiencies that can be improved upon
- Self driven with a joy for learning new programs, systems, and tools.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- High care/low ego approach to your work.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish (nice to have)
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
Human Interest is a high-growth, Series C-funded company on a mission to change the retirement industry. We’re building a best-in-class product to make it possible for smaller businesses to give their employees a path to financial independence.
Named one of America’s Best Startups by Forbes and one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, we’re continuing to grow and looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission: ensuring that people in all lines of work have access to a retirement benefit.
Our work at Human Interest helps SMBs and nonprofits – everything from daycares to social justice orgs, dental offices to dog walkers, construction firms to startups – access a path to financial independence.
Human Interest is proud to provide amazing benefits and perks.
Diversity and inclusion help us do better as a business, and we deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.