Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, leaving employer-sponsored 401(k) plans as the primary vehicle for retirement savings in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are employed by a company that doesn’t offer retirement benefits because it’s too complex and expensive to set up a plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it possible for small and medium sized businesses to offer retirement plans that give their employees a path to financial independence.
This is an opportunity to evolve the customer strategy of a fast-growing company.
Human Interest is rapidly expanding to help more businesses offer retirement benefits to their employees and we need an experienced product marketer to help us deliver our offering to a massive but fragmented market. Reporting to the Head of Product Marketing, this role will help us evolve our segmentation, positioning, and messaging strategy to maximize the value we deliver to our customers.
Product marketing is a new function for our company and as one of the first hires on this team, you will play a pivotal role in helping to define our strategy. You will be obsessed with our customers and endlessly advocate for better ways to reach and serve them. This is a highly cross-functional position that will partner with our Revenue and Product teams on a day-to-day basis to ensure they have the resources they need to communicate our value proposition and differentiation.
What you get to do every day
- Perform extensive and ongoing dissection of our market to identify strategic customer segments and messaging opportunities
- Build a customer insights engine that delivers analysis and key findings to the entire company
- Through sound reasoning surmise how to best position Human Interest to employers, highlighting the benefits and capabilities that differentiate us
- Create customer personas, education resources, and product training that enable our Marketing, Revenue and Customer Success teams to better serve employers and plan participants
- Map and investigate the end-to-end customer journey, partner and connect across functions to improve the experience
- Identify new omni-channel marketing campaigns opportunities for Marketing to execute
- Usher in our go-to-market strategy as we evolve our offering, including naming, positioning, and launch marketing
What you bring to the role
- 6+ years of marketing experience with at least 3 years in product marketing or product management
- Experience growing strategic B2B market segments with best practices you can implement on day one
- An obsession with customers and data
- A talent for identifying, communicating, and delivering value
- Ability to connect and influence all teams and levels across the company
- Meticulous organization and time management skills
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
Human Interest is a high-growth, Series C-funded company on a mission to change the retirement industry. We’re building a best-in-class product to make it possible for smaller businesses to give their employees a path to financial independence.
Named one of America’s Best Startups by Forbes and one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, we’re continuing to grow and looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission: ensuring that people in all lines of work have access to a retirement benefit.
Our work at Human Interest helps SMBs and nonprofits – everything from daycares to social justice orgs, dental offices to dog walkers, construction firms to startups – access a path to financial independence.
Human Interest is proud to provide amazing benefits and perks.
Diversity and inclusion help us do better as a business, and we deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, pregnancy or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.