Human Interest is on a mission to ensure that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.
Social security, our nation’s retirement safety net, is projected to be insolvent as soon as 2035, leaving employer-sponsored 401(k) plans as the primary vehicle for retirement savings in the U.S. Nearly half of all working Americans are employed by a company that doesn’t offer retirement benefits because it’s too complex and expensive to set up a plan. Human Interest is changing that by making it possible for small and medium sized businesses to offer retirement plans that give their employees a path to financial independence.
This is an opportunity to evolve our customer strategy and build a product marketing team from the ground up.
Human Interest is rapidly expanding to help more businesses offer retirement benefits to their employees and we need an experienced product marketing leader to help us deliver our offering to a massive but fragmented market. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Director of Product Marketing will drive our segmentation, positioning, and messaging strategy and help us maximize the value we deliver to our customers. This is a new function for the company and you will be responsible for building the team and strategy from the ground up.
As a key leader on the marketing team, you will deeply understand our customers and endlessly advocate for better ways to reach and serve them. This is a highly cross-functional role that will partner closely with our Revenue and Product teams to define the strategic direction of our go-to-market initiatives and ensure all teams have the resources they need to communicate our value proposition and differentiation.
What you get to do every day
- Hire, lead, mentor, and empower the Product Marketing team
- Be responsible for customer segmentation, research and strategy
- Own competitive and product positioning and messaging
- Identify and grow strategic customer segments
- Create and develop go-to-market plans as we evolve our product and enter new market segments
- Foster cross-functional collaboration to enable our Revenue and Customer Success teams to attract and serve customers through persona development, customer education and product training
- Help and support us answer big questions about pricing and packaging
What you bring to the role
- 8+ years of product marketing experience with proven success growing strategic SMB market segments
- Tireless customer advocacy and a passion for guiding cross-functional research initiatives
- A passionate and inspirational writing, speaking, and coaching style
- Prior experience growing and scaling a high-performing team
- Ability to collaborate with and influence all teams and levels across the company
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical abilities
- Experience marketing to both businesses and consumers is a plus
About Human Interest
Human Interest is a high-growth, Series C-funded company changing the retirement industry. We’re making it possible for small and medium sized businesses to give their employees a path to financial independence.
Named one of America’s Best Startups by Forbes and one of the Best Places to Work by the San Francisco Business Times, we’re continuing to grow and looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission: ensuring that people in all lines of work have access to retirement benefits.