Who are we?
Human Interest is a high growth venture-backed company that offers an easy and affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We're a Series C company disrupting a massive but broken industry through empowering small to mid sized businesses to safeguard the financial futures of their employees -- something that only 14% are able to do today. We believe that all individuals deserve the opportunity for a secure financial future. We want idealistic and talented people to join our team of doers and builders.
Current 401(k) solutions for small businesses are built on legacy software, involve physical paper forms, and are sold with kickbacks to financial advisors whose interests are misaligned with the financial well-being of their clients. We've built an automated, paperless 401(k) that makes it possible for small businesses to offer a 401(k) benefit to their employees, and we’re proud to be working with 2,000+ businesses across the country!
Why Engineering @ Human Interest?
As a Back End Engineer, you will get to help build our financial engine. You will collaborate with domain experts to design, build, test, and own systems and processes for servicing 401(k) plans and making our customers happy. As reliability is key to earning our customers’ trust, you will build robust systems that are observable, maintainable, and scalable.
What You Get To Do Every Day:
- Build and maintain business-critical software to process and record customers' retirement savings.
- Improve complex processes and systems to make them more robust and require less human intervention.
- Collaborate with other engineers and stakeholders to share knowledge and build expertise.
- Write clean, high-quality code and tests while keeping the system fast and reliable.
- Develop ownership over the record keeping domain and make informed engineering tradeoffs.
- Delight internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in development life cycle activities like design, coding, testing and production release.
What You Bring To The Role:
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience building and maintaining web application.
- Experience with one or more technologies (e.g. Node, TypeScript, React, Heroku).
- Strong desire to learn, think creatively, and share knowledge with others.
- Ability to write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- Proactive and empathetic mindset - you love to roll up your sleeves to fix problems for our customers.
Diversity and inclusion help us do better as a business, and we deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.