Who are we?
Human Interest is a high growth venture-backed company that offers an easy and affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We're a Series C company disrupting a massive but broken industry through empowering small to mid sized businesses to safeguard the financial futures of their employees -- something that only 14% are able to do today. We believe that all individuals deserve the opportunity for a secure financial future. We want idealistic and talented people to join our team of doers and builders.
Current 401(k) solutions for small businesses are built on legacy software, involve physical paper forms, and are sold with kickbacks to financial advisors whose interests are misaligned with the financial well-being of their clients. We've built an automated, paperless 401(k) that makes it possible for small businesses to offer a 401(k) benefit to their employees, and we’re proud to be working with 2,000+ businesses across the country!
Why Engineering @ Human Interest?
As a Senior Front-end Engineer, you will help us connect with our users and develop a product experience second to none. You will collaborate with designers, product managers and other engineers to help establish and build a component library and utilizing these as we build valuable features for our customers.
What You Get To Do Every Day:
- Build and maintain maintainable, beautiful, and user driven systems to process and record customers' retirement savings.
- Improve complex processes and systems to make them more robust and require less human intervention.
- Collaborate with other engineers and stakeholders to share knowledge and build expertise.
- Write clean, high-quality code and tests while keeping the user experience fast and reliable
- Architect and develop the building blocks of the front-end component system used across multiple products.
- Advocate for and delight internal and external users.
- Work with a wide range of technologies - you can encounter Node, TypeScript, React, Heroku and AWS (but don’t need to have prior experience with them).
- Lead and participate in development life cycle activities like design, coding, testing and production release
- Define and steward technical standards and code quality
- Conduct peer code reviews for pull requests
- Provide mentorship to fellow Web engineers
What You Bring To The Role:
- 3+ years of experience building single page applications: (Node, TypeScript, React,GraphQL, etc).
- Strong communication skills. You can communicate well with engineers and non-engineers alike.
- Strong desire to learn, think creatively, and share knowledge with others.
- Proactive and empathetic mindset - you love to roll up your sleeves to fix problems for our customers
Past experience working in startups and/or fintech.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.