Who are we?
Human Interest is a high growth venture-backed company that offers an easy and affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We're a Series B company disrupting a massive but broken industry through empowering small to mid sized businesses to safeguard the financial futures of their employees -- something that only 14% are able to do today. We believe that all individuals deserve the opportunity for a secure financial future. We want idealistic and talented people to join our team of doers and builders.
Current 401(k) solutions for small businesses are built on legacy software, involve physical paper forms, and are sold with kickbacks to financial advisors whose interests are misaligned with the financial well-being of their clients. We've built an automated, paperless 401(k) that makes it possible for small businesses to offer a 401(k) benefit to their employees, and we’re proud to be working with 1800+ businesses across the country!
Why Engineering @ Human Interest?
As an Engineering Manager at Human Interest, you’ll be directly responsible for the performance and wellbeing of your engineering team. You’ll get the opportunity to both develop the team in terms of individual skills as well as additional capacity and be passionate about keeping your team’s product delivery effective, scrupulous and agile.
What You Get To Do Every Day:
- Utilize your leadership experience to assist high performing and engaged teams while also promoting a safe environment for people to experiment, learn and grow.
- Ensure there is a clear shared vision for engineering within the team, and a roadmap on how to get there.
- Leverage your engineering experience to mentor teams to build quality software
- Work closely with your cross-functional teams to cultivate a fun, rewarding, agile and results-driven culture.
- Make intelligent trade offs while balancing, communicating and prioritizing the needs of your team and the business as a whole.
- Establish and embody necessary processes and practices that enable the team to successfully develop, support and maintain our solutions.
- Attract, recruit and retain motivated and engaged engineers, building on and complementing the diversity of our teams.
- Be a role-model within Human Interest by supporting and growing the next generation of engineering leaders
What You Bring To The Role:
- 7+ years of experience building and maintaining quality software in production at scale.
- Minimum of 3 years managing a technical team of developers in a fast paced environment.
- You care deeply about culture and foster collaborative, inclusive teams in which people are empowered to do their best work.
- Knowledge of software design and agile processes to effectively deliver product.
- Understanding of application security lifecycle and security best practices.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- Past experience working in startups and/or fintech.
- Proactive and empathetic mindset - you love to roll up your sleeves to fix problems for our customers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Please note Human Interest does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider resumes from vendors including and without limitation search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies.