Human Interest is seeking talented and thoughtful designers who want to contribute to defining our design strategy, revamping our products and helping to execute our product vision.
We are highly mission-focused and believe in customer-centered innovation. The role demands great execution, obsession with quality, optimism to solve problems with creativity and ambition to take on projects from start to finish. You’ll work on solving problems that will make a meaningful difference on day one.
What is Human Interest?
Human Interest is a high growth venture-backed company that offers an easy and affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We're a Series B company disrupting a massive but broken industry through empowering small to mid-sized businesses to safeguard the financial futures of their employees -- something that only 14% are able to do today. We believe that all individuals deserve the opportunity for a secure financial future. We want idealistic and talented people to join our team of doers and builders.
Current 401(k) solutions for small businesses are built on legacy software, involve physical paper forms, and are sold with kickbacks to financial advisors whose interests are misaligned with the financial well-being of their clients. We've built an automated, paperless 401(k) that makes it possible for small businesses to offer a 401(k) benefit to their employees, and we’re proud to be working with 1,800+ businesses across the country!
Why Design @ Human Interest?
Imagine a company with a great product that has reimagined and simplified the traditional way of doing things. Our product has real customers, momentum and growth, and we are looking to build a great Design team that will uplevel the experience and amplify the impact.
This is a unique opportunity to shape the design vision, strategy and culture at a fast-growing, purpose-driven company. It’s a chance to help build a Design team that will focus on helping people secure their future by saving for retirement. We’re looking for design leaders at all levels who will craft meaningful experiences that make people's lives better.
Together, we will create a close-knit, collaborative team, guided by a highly iterative user-centered design process. We will combine research, data, and thoughtful critique, as we discover customer needs and solve problems that impact work and life for millions of people around the world.
What You Get To Do Every Day:
This is a highly-impactful role where you’ll collaborate with Product, Design, Engineering, and Ops to ship world-class Saas and consumer software. The set of problems is unique in that it touches both businesses and consumers, and both software and service design.
You’ll develop a strong understanding of how small businesses and their employees think about retirement, and you’ll design intuitive and beautiful experiences that simplify unnecessarily complex and archaic processes.
- You’ll help develop the future of design at Human Interest
- You’ll be a founding member of the design team and will help define our design culture, principles, processes and standards for executional and operational excellence
- You’ll collaborate with multiple teams to solve complex challenges and craft great experiences for our customers
- You’ll be an integral part in defining our product strategy, envisioning our UX ecosystem and creating a modern design system for our product and brand
What You Bring To The Role:
You are a thoughtful, creative and imaginative designer who cares deeply about people, solving their problems, and making their lives easier. You have a passion for making the perplexing obvious and the complex simple. You work well with PMs, Engineers, Researchers to execute a product vision and you’ve shipped multiple successful products in the past.
- You are a great systems-level design thinker with an outstanding intuition and passion to push the boundaries of what’s possible
- You have a sense for clean design and are committed to creating elegant and simple user experiences from otherwise complex workflows
- You know how to gather product requirements, incorporate data and user research, frame the problem, and articulate a clear design direction
- Your portfolio has some best-in-class work and you can share several shining examples of real work you've shipped, and what you’ve learned along the way
- Bonus – you have designed for both B2C and SaaS products
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer.