Trading Operations Associate
ABOUT HUMAN INTEREST
Human Interest is a Y Combinator-backed company that offers an easy and affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We've built an automated, paperless 401(k) that makes it possible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer a 401(k) benefit to their employees -- something that only 14% of them are able to do today. In doing so, we're empowering businesses of any size to safeguard the financial futures of their employees.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Why Trade Ops @ Human Interest?
As a Trading Ops Associate on our Product Operations team, you will have a front-row seat to the world of trading, ensuring our clients’ 401(k) investments are processed in a timely manner per IRS regulations. This is not your old school 401(k) firm - this is the future! You will learn all about trades and financial reporting, work closely with our engineering team and custodian, monitor transactions, and drive the automated processing of retirement contributions and distributions. Part detective, part reconciliation guru, your strong analytical skills will ensure the retirement future and financial wellness of our 401(k) clients.
What You Get To Do Every Day:
- Process contributions, distributions & loans per IRS regulations
- Monitor Daily workflow / Trading and manage exceptions i.e. corrections
- Parse data for incoming Transfer assets into allocation breakdown **
- Drive the trading process to allocate millions of assets
- Perform daily plan / position reconciliation of mutual funds and cash
- Create financial reports, as well as reconcile against custodial trust reports
- Work with custodian Matrix with trading issues, tax reporting, and distribution requests
- Trust reconciliation
What You Bring To The Role:
- Meticulous work style. You love paying attention to detail!
- 1+ years of 401(k) plan experience a plus
- Self-starter, willing to learn the ins and outs of 401(k) operations
- Ability to analyze reports and reconcile data
- Strong PC skills, including spreadsheets and word processing, SQL queries a plus!
- Aptitude to identify and resolve discrepancies in data
- Proven math and calculation aptitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a customer service environment
Skill Set Needed: Meticulous, Attention to detail, Experience with Pivot Tables a plus!!
Why Work With Us?
- We are a Series B funded company, and we count over 1,500 businesses all over the United States as our customers. We're proud to be working with business owners and employees who are doing amazing work across a variety of industries: technology, construction, retail, medicine, nonprofit, and many more!
- We have a world-class team from diverse backgrounds, each with a track record of success. We come to work every day knowing we're working on an important problem: helping people save for retirement at a critical time when pensions are going extinct and Social Security isn't enough.
- We believe that all individuals deserve the opportunity for a secure financial future. We want idealistic and talented people to join our team of doers and builders.
- You'll be given autonomy and many responsibilities, all while working with a fun and passionate team of entrepreneurs. Above all, you'll help us solve the #1 financial concern for Americans: not having enough money for retirement.
Human Interest acknowledges the fundamental value and dignity of all people. We've pledged ourselves to developing and maintaining an environment that respects diverse traditions, ideas, heritages, and experiences. We're committed to honoring our differences by accepting nothing less than equitable treatment of all applicants and employees.
Diversity and inclusion help us do better as a business, and we deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
As an employee benefits company, benefits are very important to us, and Human Interest's philosophy is to be generous when it comes to employees' wellness. Here's what we currently offer:
- A great 401(k) plan: our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation.
- Top-of-the-line health insurance plans, as well as dental and vision insurance, with premiums fully paid for by the company.
- An annual membership to One Medical Group, with membership fees paid by Human Interest.
- Commuter benefits (use pre-tax money to pay for public transportation, with the company contributing $30/mo)
- FSA with an employer contribution of $500 per year.
- Dollar-for-dollar match of employee donations to non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations, up to $500 per year.
- Healthy snacks and drinks available at our office.
- Parental leave policy
- Primary caregivers: 16 weeks PTO
- Secondary caregivers: 8 weeks PTO
- Time off can be taken any time within the first 12 months of the child's birth
- Office just a short walk away from Montgomery BART and MUNI
- Regular team offsites retreats and fun events
- Well-stocked snack kitchen
- The highest quality coffee and teas
We have a very particular philosophy when it comes to perks. We believe employer funds are best spent on making our team bond and be more productive, while also investing in the long-term physical, financial, and emotional well-being of our employees.