Who are we?
Human Interest is a high growth venture-backed company that offers an easy and affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We're a Series B company disrupting a massive but broken industry through empowering small to mid sized businesses to safeguard the financial futures of their employees -- something that only 14% are able to do today. We believe that all individuals deserve the opportunity for a secure financial future. We want idealistic and talented people to join our team of doers and builders.
Current 401(k) solutions for small businesses are built on legacy software, involve physical paper forms, and are sold with kickbacks to financial advisors whose interests are misaligned with the financial well-being of their clients. We've built an automated, paperless 401(k) that makes it possible for small businesses to offer a 401(k) benefit to their employees, and we’re proud to be working with 1,800+ businesses across the country!
Why Sales Development @ Human Interest?
Human Interest is a rocket ship about to launch, and we need you to be a part of it! We hope you’re ready to begin your sales career as a Sales Development Representative. You will be a founding member of our SDR team and if building something from scratch is interesting keep reading! SDR’s are responsible for creating sales pipeline. Meaning, you are the first team member helping prospects understand the value of our 401k offering, and introduce them to our experienced Account Executives who help them become customers. We promote within and if you’re a top performer you can be an AE one day too!
What You Get To Do Every Day:
- Utilize your active listening skills to understand and uncover customer needs and business problems to effectively communicate Human Interest’s offering. We empower small and medium-sized businesses to help their employees save for their future. We take pride in this and you should too..
- Identify a substantial volume of our target companies and associated personas - engage, educate, and create Sales Qualified Meetings for Account Executives which progress into Sales Qualified Opportunities
- Consistently crush quota
- Stay motivated to complete 100+ calls per day
- Work closely with Management to develop strategies to target prospects and secure meetings
- Adapt and learn to ensure your rate of connecting with prospects and setting a Sales Qualified Meeting with the Account Executive consistently increases
- Effectively uses Salesforce.com and other sales tools to manage accounts through every step of the sales cycle
- Keep positive even during the days when it feels like no one is answering the phone or is just hanging up (positivity is contagious and helps the entire team!).
- Listen and learn from every other role and department - you will have visibility into the inner workings of everything.
What You Bring To The Role:
Need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong analytical skills
- Desire to grow and advance your career in sales
- Excellent in-person, phone, and written communication skills
- You're creative, resourceful, thoughtful, and passionate
- Highly motivated, curious, humble, and willing to take intelligent risks
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- Ability to manage time effectively and work independently
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization
Nice to have:
- 1+ year of experience in a corporate environment
- Prior sales and/or SaaS experience
- Experience using Salesforce.com or other Client Relationship Management (CRM)
- Previous 401K or HR Benefits experience
Please apply if you don't match everything above! We are more interested in talent and trajectory than qualifications or knowledge.
Human Interest is proud to provide amazing benefits and perks including:
- A great 401(k) plan: our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation.
- Top-of-the-line health insurance plans as well as dental and vision insurance. Several options with medical premiums fully paid for by the company
- Flexible PTO policy.
- An annual membership to One Medical Group, with membership fees paid by Human Interest.
- Commuter and gym benefits.
- FSA with an employer contribution.
- Dollar-for-dollar match of employee donations to non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations, up to a set amount.
- Healthy snacks and drinks available at our office.
- Team retreats and outings
Diversity and inclusion help us do better as a business, and we deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.