Who are we?
Human Interest is a high growth venture-backed company that offers an easy and affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We're a Series B company disrupting a massive but broken industry through empowering small to mid sized businesses to safeguard the financial futures of their employees -- something that only 14% are able to do today. We believe that all individuals deserve the opportunity for a secure financial future. We want idealistic and talented people to join our team of doers and builders.
Current 401(k) solutions for small businesses are built on legacy software, involve physical paper forms, and are sold with kickbacks to financial advisors whose interests are misaligned with the financial well-being of their clients. We've built an automated, paperless 401(k) that makes it possible for small businesses to offer a 401(k) benefit to their employees, and we’re proud to be working with over 1,800+ businesses across the country!
Why Growth @ Human Interest?
This is an opportunity to act as a force multiplier on growth for an already rapidly-scaling startup. The CTO has identified growth engineering as a major opportunity area for the company. You’ll work closely with him as well as the VP of Marketing and Sr. Director of Growth to create landing pages, infrastructure, experiments, and more that allow a business that is already exceeding growth targets to expand even faster.
This is a great opportunity for an engineer who already has experience working in engineering and wishes to hone their entrepreneurial mindset. You’ll be working closely with execs and a co-founder and work on a small team directly responsible for delivering results at the leadership level. All eyes will be on you, so come prepared to work hard, contribute ideas, and be resourceful.
What You Get To Do Every Day:
- Work to improve the infrastructure of Human Interest’s marketing pages. Your tasks might include improving page speed, building infrastructure to support easier A/B testing, and instrumenting marketing experiments so we can clearly see how we’re performing.
- Ideate about and implement numerous experiments that help Human Interest attract the attention of HR professionals and small business owners everywhere.
- Work with the CTO on defining growth engineering at Human Interest and help build the growth engineering team.
What You Bring To The Role:
- 5+ in a software engineering role, ideally at a technology-driven firm.
- Technical maturity equivalent to a Senior Software Engineer, and interest in mentoring junior engineers.
- The ability to build full-stack implementation of design mockups with high fidelity.
- Strong interest in business outcomes created by your work, and ability to contribute to strategic discussions about marketing strategy.
- An ability to work with data: including instrumenting work, pulling reports from tools such as Heap, and working with marketing leadership to make high-impact decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to have:
- Experience working with or in a marketing organization, especially as a growth engineer.
- Experience with marketing tools like Marketo, Pardot, Salesforce, Heap, Google Analytics, and Segment.
- Experience with WordPress (or similar CMS).
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.