ABOUT HUMAN INTEREST
Human Interest is a Y Combinator-backed company that offers an easy and affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We're a Series B company disrupting a massive but broken industry through empowering businesses of any size to safeguard the financial futures of their employees -- something that only 14% are able to do today.
Current 401(k) solutions for small and medium businesses are built on legacy software that are reliant on manual processes and paperwork. Human Interest is an automated, paperless 401(k) who make it possible for small and medium businesses to offer a 401(k) benefit to their employees at a lower cost with a tremendously better experience. We are proud to be working with over 1,300 businesses across the country and growing at 100%+ YoY!
Why Partnerships @ Human Interest?
We are a rocketship and Partnerships is a key initiative for the company this year. We're looking for a fast, creative, forward-thinking, meticulously organized, and self-motivated professional who lives by the 10X rule. You'll be accelerating up our partnerships to help us exponentially reach more small and medium businesses across the United States.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager who will manage the entire partner acquisition process of health insurance brokerages across the country. This includes: identifying and developing accounts, meeting with partners, structuring incentive-based partnership terms, negotiating contracts and closing the partner. This role requires a “jack/jane-of-all-trades” mentality that is proactive and can create their own solutions when needed, and adapt to additional responsibilities which will span across sales, business development, campaigns, and relationship management. And as we go 24,791 mph, you should be comfortable with change.
What you get to do everyday
This is a San Francisco-based role with a national scope. Travel is expected 20-30% of time for on-sites for top priority partners. Current focus is new partner acquisition with a strong focus in LA/Orange County, with the next phase of this role focused on the East Coast.
- Educating partners on Human Interest’s value proposition and working with partners on customer presentations and demos.
- Become a domain expert in your vertical (Health Insurance) and provide feedback to Product, Marketing and Sales
- Experience building strategic partnerships
- You are a highly motivated individual contributor, proactive self-starter who can operate in a fast moving environment. This role will be focused alongside our Sales, Product and Marketing teams to deliver high-producing partnerships which continue to accelerate dramatic sales growth.
- You are a relationship builder who can work with our VPs of our partners and their alliances teams, C-suite leaders as well as well as Product Managers building solutions. You will be the primary point of contact and responsible for your partnerships, spanning sales, product and account management.
- Willingness to get your hands dirty to manage and solve operational partnership issues. Work cross functionally with Sales, Product, Marketing Legal and Finance to resolve emerging issues before they become problems
- Innovating and rolling out diverse and differentiated sales initiatives in conjunction with Partner Marketing, including creating joint campaigns with partners (e.g, educational events, email, webinars, etc.)
- You will understand your partners' businesses as well as they do and identify the areas for expansion and mutual benefit.
- Work with partners to develop go-to-market strategies and execute demand-generation activities
- Work with partners to establish and track business goals and performance metrics, such as depth of sales pipeline and revenue generation.
- It’s a dynamic environment- there is so much more that we are going to ask of you - are you up for it?
What you bring to the role
- 5+ years of relevant experience (Business development and partnerships), particularly with the Benefits Broker industry
- 2+ years of closing experience
- Experience building relationships with technology companies, particularly with sales teams
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-functional skills – you have the ability to think and communicate creatively, thoughtfully, and on your feet with diverse technical and non-technical team members
- Strategic thinker and tactical executor – able to shift from big picture to detailed operations quickly and effectively
- Passion for working with emerging cloud technologies
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth software company where change is a constant
- Self-starter, ability to lead innovative, entrepreneurial efforts and drive for excellence.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, determine project urgency and execute detailed action plans.
- Previous experience in a startup
- Technically savvy and familiarity using Salesforce to manage sales cycles
- Familiarity with Smartsheet, Google G Suite, Slack
Please feel free to apply to this position even if you do not meet 100% of the requirements listed above.
- We have a world-class team from diverse backgrounds, each with a track record of success. We come to work every day knowing we're working on an important problem: helping people save for retirement at a critical time when pensions are going extinct and Social Security isn't enough.
- We are a Series A company, and we count over 1,300 businesses all over the United States as our lovely customers. We're proud to be working with business owners and employees who are doing amazing work across a variety of industries: technology, construction, retail, medicine, nonprofit, and many more!
- We believe that all individuals deserve the opportunity for a secure financial future. We want idealistic and talented people to join our team of doers and builders.
- You'll be given autonomy and many responsibilities, all while working with a fun and passionate team of entrepreneurs. Above all, you'll help us solve the #1 financial concern for Americans: not having enough money for retirement.
Diversity and inclusion help us do better as a business, and we deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.