Who are we?
Human Interest is a company that offers an easy and affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We're a Series B company disrupting a massive but broken industry through empowering businesses of any size to safeguard the financial futures of their employees -- something that only 14% are able to do today. We believe that all individuals deserve the opportunity for a secure financial future. We want idealistic and talented people to join our team of doers and builders.
Current 401(k) solutions for small businesses are built on legacy software, involve physical paper forms, and are sold with kickbacks to financial advisors whose interests are misaligned with the financial well-being of their clients. We've built an automated, paperless 401(k) that makes it possible for small businesses to offer a 401(k) benefit to their employees, and we’re proud to be working with over a thousand businesses across the country!
Why Sales Leadership @ Human Interest?
We’re searching for an exceptional Sales Director to scale our growing Account Executive Team.
Human Interest is looking for a highly driven, results/action-oriented, and collaborative leader who will both drive excellence in execution while building a foundation for growth. Reporting to the VP of Sales, this leader will be tasked to manage and scale a team of high performing Account Executives focused on new customer acquisition.
If you are up to the challenge of developing a team of motivated Account Executives, providing affordable 401K to small and medium business, and positively impacting the retirement of employees of our customers, this is the place for you.
What You Get To Do Every Day:
Build and Lead Account Executives
- Develop and maintain a strong performance culture that exceeds targets
- Effectively develop and monitor accurate sales forecast
- Enable the team to aggressively prospect, identify, qualify and develop pipeline
- Lead from the front - get involved in deals with AE’s and teach them how to achieve quota consistently
- Be a key sales leader and collaborate with leadership across Sales, Marketing, and Operations to build scalable systems, tools, and processes that result in strong new logo acquisition
- Recruit, hire, coach, motivate, and retain top talent that quickly exceed goals and scale within the organization
- High energy professional with a positive attitude and a deep desire to develop people and grow their careers in a supportive, yet accountable, work environment that people love to come to
- Serve as an AE’s day-to-day mentor and coach- assist in identifying opportunities, shadowing calls, refining pitches, working through objections, building product knowledge, and performing other activities that will grow new business acquisition
Analyze and Iterate
- A willingness to challenge the status quo - you are excited to experiment, measure, get creative and iterate
- Obsessive attention to detail and data analysis; experienced using salesforce and reporting
- Relentless focus on performance, efficiency, and effectiveness leveraging data
- Evaluate and refine the sales process to improve results
- Report on team/individual results to management
- Manage, track, and report on your team’s activities, quotas, and performance using Salesforce ensuring your team is delivering to targets
What You Bring To The Role:
- 3+ years sales leadership experience in a high growth organization
- Competitive team player and leader that is curious, career-motivated, goal-oriented and extremely driven with a track record of exceeding targets
- You’re collaborative, thoughtful, and resourceful and measure your success by the success of the team around you
- A passion for operational rigor and excellence. You love finding the levers to accelerate growth
- Tech Stack - Salesforce, Outreach, Gong, Intercom, Zoom, Calendly, and others
- Leadership presence - peers and colleagues see you to set the example
- Experience with 401k or HR benefits is desirable
- Willing to travel to other office locations
- Bachelor's degree
- Desire to lead, coach, and develop others around you. You have a passion for developing talent and coaching a team to success
- Understand how to effectively prioritize initiatives and delegate work, but also comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get things done.
- Ambitious, self-motivated, goal-oriented and extremely driven
- Strong communication skills - this role will require consistent communication with leaders across sales, marketing, customer experience and business operations organizations
- Ability to adapt easily to a rapidly-changing environment
Please apply if you don't match everything above! We are more interested in talent and trajectory than qualifications or knowledge.
Human Interest is proud to provide amazing benefits and perks including:
- A great 401(k) plan: our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation.
- Top-of-the-line health insurance plans, as well as dental and vision insurance, with premiums fully paid for by the company.
- Flexible PTO policy.
- An annual membership to One Medical Group, with membership fees paid by Human Interest.
- Commuter benefits
- Gym membership
- FSA with an employer contribution of $500 per year.
- Dollar-for-dollar match of employee donations to non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations, up to $500 per year.
- Healthy snacks and drinks available at our office.
- Team retreats and outings.
Diversity and inclusion help us do better as a business, and we deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.