Who are we?
Human Interest is a high growth venture-backed company that offers an easy and affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We're a Series B company disrupting a massive but broken industry through empowering small to mid sized businesses to safeguard the financial futures of their employees -- something that only 14% are able to do today. We believe that all individuals deserve the opportunity for a secure financial future. We want idealistic and talented people to join our team of doers and builders.
Current 401(k) solutions for small businesses are built on legacy software, involve physical paper forms, and are sold with kickbacks to financial advisors whose interests are misaligned with the financial well-being of their clients. We've built an automated, paperless 401(k) that makes it possible for small businesses to offer a 401(k) benefit to their employees, and we’re proud to be working with over 1,300 businesses across the country!
Why Finance @ Human Interest?
We’re looking to add an experienced accounting leader to join our growing team. Reporting to our VP of Finance, the Accounting Manager will play a critical role in reviewing our current accounting procedures and policies and implementing improvements to ensure accuracy and operational efficiency. This hands-on player-coach will own the entire accounting function and have an opportunity to build a team over time as we continue to scale our business.
What You Get To Do Every Day:
- Review existing accounting policies, controls, and reporting systems and implement improvements in preparation for future external audit activities
- Collaborate with partners across the organization to establish scalable processes with appropriate internal controls
- Work with our external accountants to manage and improve general ledger functions and prepare for month-end close
- Lead the departmental budgeting process in partnership with Finance colleagues
- Review monthly financial statements and perform variance analysis
- Manage customer billing and explore potential process and software improvements as we continue to scale
- Oversee payroll, accounts payable, partner payments, and expense reimbursement functions
- Ad-hoc projects, financial reporting and analysis as needed
What You Bring To The Role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 5 years of public accounting and/or relevant high-growth private company experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP; CPA a plus
- Meticulous attention to detail, combined with strategic big picture thinking
- Strong organizational, project management, and process improvement skills
- Growth mindset, high motivation, and roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and informal communication skills
- Experience working with SaaS business models
Human Interest is proud to provide amazing benefits and perks including:
- A great 401(k) plan: our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation.
- Top-of-the-line health insurance plans, as well as dental and vision insurance, with premiums fully paid for by the company.
- Flexible PTO policy.
- An annual membership to One Medical Group, with membership fees paid by Human Interest.
- Commuter and gym benefits.
- FSA with an employer contribution.
- Dollar-for-dollar match of employee donations to non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations, up to a set amount.
- Healthy snacks and drinks available at our office.
- Team retreats and outings.
Diversity and inclusion help us do better as a business, and we deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.