Who are we?
Human Interest is a high growth venture-backed company that offers an easy and affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We're a Series B company disrupting a massive but broken industry through empowering small to mid sized businesses to safeguard the financial futures of their employees -- something that only 14% are able to do today. We believe that all individuals deserve the opportunity for a secure financial future. We want idealistic and talented people to join our team of doers and builders.
Current 401(k) solutions for small businesses are built on legacy software, involve physical paper forms, and are sold with kickbacks to financial advisors whose interests are misaligned with the financial well-being of their clients. We've built an automated, paperless 401(k) that makes it possible for small businesses to offer a 401(k) benefit to their employees, and we’re proud to be working with over 1,300 businesses across the country!
Why Finance @ Human Interest?
We’re looking to add our first dedicated finance professional to the Human Interest team. As Senior Financial Analyst, you will play a key role in driving business decisions and accountability throughout the organization as we continue to scale. Working closely with our VP of Finance and other business leaders, you will have the opportunity to build out and lead our financial planning and analysis capabilities.
What You Get To Do Every Day:
- Build and own detailed financial models to evaluate business risks, opportunities and tradeoffs under various operating scenarios
- Track and analyze key financial and operating metrics to gauge progress towards goals and support data-driven decisions across the organization
- Develop new metrics and performance reporting as our business evolves
- Lead budgeting processes and variance analyses in partnership with functional leaders and accounting team
- Collaborate with business partners to support strategic discussions and analyses
- Prepare materials for the Board of Directors, investors and other external stakeholders
- Support future corporate finance activities
What You Bring To The Role:
- 3-5 years of finance experience at an investment bank, consulting firm, or high-growth company
- Excel wizardry - ability to build robust financial models
- Knowledge of SaaS business models and experience in analyzing SaaS metrics
- Ability to drive insights from large datasets - SQL experience a plus
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, coupled with big picture strategic understanding
- High degree of comfort with ambiguity; ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Growth mindset, curiosity and scrappiness
- Excellent communication skills - ability to collaborate across functions and levels throughout the company, as well as with external partners
Human Interest is proud to provide amazing benefits and perks including:
- A great 401(k) plan: our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation.
- Top-of-the-line health insurance plans, as well as dental and vision insurance, with premiums fully paid for by the company.
- Flexible PTO policy.
- An annual membership to One Medical Group, with membership fees paid by Human Interest.
- Commuter and gym benefits.
- FSA with an employer contribution.
- Dollar-for-dollar match of employee donations to non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations, up to a set amount.
- Healthy snacks and drinks available at our office.
- Team retreats and outings.
Diversity and inclusion help us do better as a business, and we deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.