Who are we?
Human Interest is a high growth venture-backed company that offers an easy and affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We're a Series B company disrupting a massive but broken industry through empowering small to mid sized businesses to safeguard the financial futures of their employees -- something that only 14% are able to do today. We believe that all individuals deserve the opportunity for a secure financial future. We want idealistic and talented people to join our team of doers and builders.
Current 401(k) solutions for small businesses are built on legacy software, involve physical paper forms, and are sold with kickbacks to financial advisors whose interests are misaligned with the financial well-being of their clients. We've built an automated, paperless 401(k) that makes it possible for small businesses to offer a 401(k) benefit to their employees, and we’re proud to be working with over 1300 businesses across the country!
Why Recordkeeping @ Human Interest?
As a Recordkeeper on our Product Operations team, you will have a front-row seat to the world of trading, ensuring our clients’ 401(k) investments are processed in a timely manner per IRS regulations. This is not your old school 401(k) firm - this is the future! You will learn all about trades and financial reporting, work closely with our custodian, monitoring transactions and drive the timely processing of retirement contributions and distributions. Part detective, part reconciliation guru, your strong analytical skills will ensure the retirement future and financial wellness of our 401(k) clients.
What You Get To Do Every Day:
- Monitor Daily workflow / Trading and manage exceptions i.e. corrections
- Perform daily plan / position reconciliation of mutual funds and cash
- Process contributions, distributions & loans per IRS regulation
- Create financial reports, as well as reconcile against custodial trust reports
- Transfer in assets and reconcile the allocation breakdown with Pivot tables
- Work with custodian Matrix with trading issues, tax reporting, and distribution requests
- Trust reconciliation
What You Bring To The Role:
- An extremely meticulous work style. You love paying attention to detail!
- 1+ years of 401(k) plan experience a Plus (QKA)
- Self-starter, willing to learn the ins and outs of 401(k) operations
- Ability to analyze reports and reconcile data
- Strong PC skills, including spreadsheets and word processing, SQL queries a plus!
- Aptitude to identify and resolve discrepancies in data
- Proven math and calculation aptitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a customer service environment
Human Interest is proud to provide amazing benefits and perks including:
- A great 401(k) plan: our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation.
- Top-of-the-line health insurance plans, as well as dental and vision insurance, with premiums fully paid for by the company.
- Flexible PTO policy.
- An annual membership to One Medical Group, with membership fees paid by Human Interest.
- Commuter and gym benefits.
- FSA with an employer contribution.
- Dollar-for-dollar match of employee donations to non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations, up to a set amount.
- Healthy snacks and drinks available at our office.
- Team retreats and outings.
Diversity and inclusion help us do better as a business, and we deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.