Who are we?
Human Interest is a high growth venture-backed company that offers an easy and affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We're a Series B company disrupting a massive but broken industry through empowering small to mid sized businesses to safeguard the financial futures of their employees -- something that only 14% are able to do today. We believe that all individuals deserve the opportunity for a secure financial future. We want idealistic and talented people to join our team of doers and builders.
Current 401(k) solutions for small businesses are built on legacy software, involve physical paper forms, and are sold with kickbacks to financial advisors whose interests are misaligned with the financial well-being of their clients. We've built an automated, paperless 401(k) that makes it possible for small businesses to offer a 401(k) benefit to their employees, and we’re proud to be working with over 1300 businesses across the country!
Why Data @ Human Interest?
We’re looking for an experienced Data Analytics leader to spearhead a new Data function at Human Interest. You'll be able to shape our data stack, tools, and processes from a clean slate, helping us become a more data-driven company along the way.
What You Get To Do Every Day:
- Spearhead a new Data function with Human Interest, helping the company become more data-driven
- Work with cross-functional leaders to understand their data needs, define the right key metrics, and uncover and answer the business’ most critical questions
- Deeply understand our data, identifying what it useful and setting up our core data stack
- Translate messy data into actionable business insights and recommendations
- Create dashboards and other self-service tools to empower others in the organization to answer their own data questions, monitor performance, and leverage data to make decisions
What You Bring To The Role:
- 5+ years experience in data analytics
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field
- Balance of technical skills and a strategic/business mindset — you ask the right questions and develop metrics that matter
- Advanced SQL expertise and proficiency in at least one data programming language (Python, R, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with data warehousing, data modeling, ETL, and dashboarding
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You are a self-starter, autonomous, and scrappy
Human Interest is proud to provide amazing benefits and perks including:
- A great 401(k) plan: our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation.
- Top-of-the-line health insurance plans, as well as dental and vision insurance, with premiums fully paid for by the company.
- Flexible PTO policy.
- An annual membership to One Medical Group, with membership fees paid by Human Interest.
- Commuter and gym benefits.
- FSA with an employer contribution.
- Dollar-for-dollar match of employee donations to non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations, up to a set amount.
- Healthy snacks and drinks available at our office.
- Team retreats and outings.
Diversity and inclusion help us do better as a business, and we deliberately build processes to create a workplace where all are welcome and accepted. We're proactive and purposeful in prioritizing diversity and inclusion internally not only because it's the right thing to do, but also because we believe it's the only way to effectively create products and services that can be truly helpful to all people.
Human Interest is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran or military status, or any other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local laws.